Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

~[WANTED]~ Vintage Dress Shoes| 1920s - 1960s | US Size 9s - 10s

G

Gabriel

Not really a shoe expert here but would highly like a pair of vintage oxfords from the 20s on to the 50s. However, I'd be willing to work with 60s as well.

Shoe shine boxes are a plus too. =)

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Not really a shoe expert here but would highly like a pair of vintage oxfords from the 20s on to the 50s. However, I'd be willing to work with 60s as well.

Shoe shine boxes are a plus too. =)

Hello, I doubt i have anything here in that small of a size, however, a very big concern in sizes are the width of the shoes and how long they need to be. I make mention to you on this as at times a Vintage shoe can be labeled a given size that is not what the same label size is by today's standards when it comes to Mens Vintage shoes. An example, I just purchased recently a size 11 1/2 AA shoe for my husband, he normally wears a 11D or a 10 1/2 D if it is roomy! The 11 1/2 had the width of 4 inches and almost another quarter of an inch in width, which allows that shoe to fit him without having to stretch the shoes. Some vintage shoes can run smaller in overall size. So lets just say if you normally wore a size 10D shoe, a true vintage shoe MAY run smaller. Not always just some times.

So to help you out in your quest and to not have you buy something from anyone that will not work for you, size is very important to figure out. I do have one or two snug size 10 1/2 vintage shoes from the 1940's that may work for you, I would need to have some input on what size your foot is, so if you use a tape measure and give how long your foot is and how wide, that would tell me if what I have would fit you or not?

G

Gabriel

Hello, I doubt i have anything here in that small of a size, however, a very big concern in sizes are the width of the shoes and how long they need to be. I make mention to you on this as at times a Vintage shoe can be labeled a given size that is not what the same label size is by today's standards when it comes to Mens Vintage shoes. An example, I just purchased recently a size 11 1/2 AA shoe for my husband, he normally wears a 11D or a 10 1/2 D if it is roomy! The 11 1/2 had the width of 4 inches and almost another quarter of an inch in width, which allows that shoe to fit him without having to stretch the shoes. Some vintage shoes can run smaller in overall size. So lets just say if you normally wore a size 10D shoe, a true vintage shoe MAY run smaller. Not always just some times.

So to help you out in your quest and to not have you buy something from anyone that will not work for you, size is very important to figure out. I do have one or two snug size 10 1/2 vintage shoes from the 1940's that may work for you, I would need to have some input on what size your foot is, so if you use a tape measure and give how long your foot is and how wide, that would tell me if what I have would fit you or not?

Hi,

I went ahead and measured my foot width and I am measured at 5 inches in width. In addition, I currently wear a size 10 D American size shoe. What would the measurements be in vintage?

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko