Wanting advice on an Aero leather August.

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Caber, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Caber

Caber New in Town

Hey TFL! I am wanting some advise / opinions on a custom Aero August. I am planning on ordering a August or a sheene in FQHH a few months from now. I really like the look of the August, and it’s not a super common jacket seen around here. My idea is this. I do not want to change any part of the jacket make up except possibly add patch pockets ( like the ones seen on most of the flight jackets) instead of the standard hand warmers it comes with. Would this change be to radical of a look for this jacket? I know I could get an A2 or some form of flight jacket with patch pockets but I really love the look of the August.

2. Carlos840

Carlos840 Call Me a Cab

3. Caber

Caber New in Town

I asked Mrs Holly a year back if they could do this and she asked the production manager. They said it would not be a problem. Never seen the drifter jacket before. It does look rather appealing. That’s pretty close to what I’m hoping an Aero August with patch pockets will look like

4. Hide'n'seek

Hide'n'seek One of the Regulars

This is their "copy" of Aero's Half Belt Deluxe.

torfjord, Edward, dubpynchon and 3 others like this.
  5. Caber

Caber New in Town

I am looking for something a bit different than the deluxe. I’m wanting to actually have a visible patch pocket/ cargo pockets. Not just the flap.

6. Caber

Caber New in Town

Are there any fit picks of August’s out there ? I’ve seen a few close ups on here but nothing that actually gives a good look at how it actually looks on some one.

7. torfjord

torfjord Practically Family

8. Caber

Caber New in Town

That does look very nice! I’m really torn between leaving the August as is or putting the cargo pockets on.

9. torfjord

torfjord Practically Family

I’d leave it as it is, but then again I’m generally not a fan of cargo pockets.

10. Caber

Caber New in Town

Thanks for the input. I may take your advise. I may add a angled zip pocket on the chest though.