Waratah Homes

Discussion in 'Your Vintage Home' started by Benny Holiday, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Benny Holiday

Benny Holiday My Mail is Forwarded Here

Hi All,

Here's a link to a great Queensland company, man I'd love to be able to afford one of their houses (though I live in Sydney).
    Check out the 'Timeless' index to see early 20th Century styled Queenslanders and Federation Homes with beautiful appointments. It's just beautiful to look at!

http://www.waratahhomes.com.au/index.php

2. Stearmen

Stearmen I'll Lock Up

WOW! I would like something like that also. All the charm of an old house, with out all the work!

3. MikeKardec

MikeKardec One Too Many

Those are very, very, cool. I love the architecture AND the Queensland countryside!

Back in the early 2000s I was working on films in Qld and the exchange rate was crazy low with the US dollar nearly double its value in Oz (thus there were lots of Hollywood films being shot there). We looked at this house as a possible location --
    Possible DO Residence.jpg
    We didn't use it but since it had been for sale it kind of haunted me, with what I was making I might have made a down payment (property values seemed lower than they were later) and it was just a beautiful house. 19th century, big lot on the top of a knoll over looking the river absolutely classic. I never tried to buy it, I don't think I could have in those days without an Aussie partner or residence permit but it was cool. Strangely the owner also owner a restaurant in West Hollywood not far from our parent company offices, we'd eaten there many times. He was moving to the states.

I love Queenslander style houses and Australian houses in general ... seems like they should have caught on in California but I've never seen one.

4. docneg

docneg One of the Regulars

One of those houses looks like the Iolani Palace in Honolulu.