Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

warehouse 13 am totally hooked 59 Lark eager for more.

59Lark

Practically Family
Loungers, picked up a dvd of warehouse 13 season 1 at the future shop and now totally hooked and in a couple of days watched it all . Now cant wait to get mine hands on some of season two. The show is filmed in nearby toronto and I love it. Want to know if any other loungers have discovered this new show on the syfy channel. 59LARK.:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
My 70 year old Mom turned me on to this show! She loves it and I enjoy it too. Sometimes I wish they'd go into more detail about the "item" and spend less time on the action to retrieve it. I had no idea it was on DVD. I may see if I can get a copy for Mom for Christmas! Thanks for the idea!

59Lark

Practically Family
I think the thing that really interests me in the show is the mixing of present day technolgy and ancient machinery and that the past was smarter than we give it credit for. Being a great lover of ancient machinery and a individual that has trouble merging from the last century to the present time. My office writhes with the past , 1930 chicago phone, crosley record player and the cathercal ge radio, some repros, and the walnut desk forties , oak krug office chair on castors. The show has a huge female audience something most sci fi shows never had. I also feel the past and ancient items might have a nostaligic flair and appeal to some like me. As i sat in the new sarum diner, previously the deluxe diner from 1943 , i was waiting for the time portal to open but it didnt. The bus from the nursing home came and a lot of white hair came inside instead. anyone know any details about this show. please enlighten us 59LARK

59Lark

Practically Family
I really thought i would get more input on this digest hoping lots of the forum got the sy fy channel and getting to love this show, but with such poor response , makes me wonder if few on this digest get the sy fy channel at all. Here is a great show, with a lot of neat retro work and story line and yes i am proud its filmed a hour from me in Canada. Dont get me wrong, until i picked up the first year on dvd, I hadnt even heard of this show and yet its sy fy top watched show. I watch space tv, our canadian version of sy fy but its not on it and space is a smaller budget that the american version by far. I guess that i am hoping to find out more since we dont have acess to sy fy channel. 59LARK

Vornholt

One of the Regulars
I watched season 1, but got tired of picking out the better movies and television shows that it mined for material. Anyone remember Friday the 13th: The Series? This show reads like a bad copy of that show that got drunk and went on a date with Indiana Jones. I can't stand the ridiculous byplay between the two leads. The pseudo bickering/romance drives me up the wall. I watched the two part finale of season 2, only to find out that their re-imagined H.G. Wells was now a semi-psychotic Lara Croft. I gave up.

By the way, I am a major science fiction fan, but the stuff broadcast on the Sci Fi channel anymore makes old reruns of Lost in Space look like high class material.

Julius8122

New in Town
I love Warehouse 13. I tivo it and watch it when I need something lightheated and fun. I think the actors that play Mika and Pete have great chemistry. The second season admittedy was a bit weak, I could have done without H.G. Wells and the vet, but I still enjoy it.

C44Antelope

One of the Regulars
I have only seen a few episodes. I kind of liked it. I like Saul Rubinek, so that helped. I never remember to tune in sci fi at the top of the hour when I'm flipping. I've enjoyed a few episodes of Eureka, but I have the same problem there.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21