Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Water for Elephants (2011)

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
My co-worker saw it and said it was horrific. I'm super-sensitive to animals being hurt, and she told me there was a lot of bad things being done to animals. I know they aren't really being hurt, but just the thought is enough to upset me.

vintage68

Practically Family
My co-worker saw it and said it was horrific. I'm super-sensitive to animals being hurt, and she told me there was a lot of bad things being done to animals. I know they aren't really being hurt, but just the thought is enough to upset me.

I'm the same way, suffering animals really upset me in a way that other things in movies don't. Having said that, it IS a movie, and the animals being hurt occurs offscreen in a way that while it made me cringe and look away from the screen, was done in a way that was more implied than graphically portrayed. As usual in well made movies it's the gaps left to the imagination that really create the emotion.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab

That would really upset me too - especially after seeing similar footage online only a few weeks ago (thankfully the elephant was rescued and I believe is now residing in Longleat).

I absolutely hate circuses that involve animals.....

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
I saw it last nite. Nice date film, except its got some brutal scenes for both human & animal. I suppose its supposed to heighten the romance of 1931.
Incidentally, one of the stars is Christoph Waltz who won an Oscar last year for playing a Nazi in Tarantino's last movie.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I haven't seen it yet, but I have been told by a couple people in the last week that I look like I walked out of it -- maybe a specific character, but I forgot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko