Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Water stains on new stetson

new2hats

A-List Customer
Got caught in a sprinkle .There are water stains on my new hat! Any way to eliminate or lessen them?

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
The only way really is to completely wet the hat. Water stains on felts and fabrics and even carpets are best not worried about, or wet the whole area. Worst are ribbons though...you may never get the original look and shine again. Best to not worry...

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
What the posters above me said, but a hat servs a function, to protect one from the elements. With added character, a hat becomes more and more unique! Love the wear & tear that you can put on hats!

new2hats

A-List Customer
Is this hat a light color?

Yes, it is a Stetson Firenze- tawny (light brown). Great hat. Still my favorite fur. Rain doesnt really bother me, but thought I'd ask if there were any ways to hid/remove it.

carldelo

One Too Many
Did you brush it? That would be my first step. I have a silk finish Hampton, and have worn it in rain and snow. It hasn't shown any effects, but then it's graphite, an extremely dark gray.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk