Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Waterfall Vanity find!

Hawk_Eye

One of the Regulars
My girlfriend and I are big into waterfall style furniture. Shes always wanted a waterfall vanity since she was little and we found one a month or so ago in an antique/junk shop in Parry Sound. We almost missed it, it was buried in the back under numerous other pices of furniture. It was dusty, lost its lustre, had some small white paint specks and some minor finish damage on the top, but overall was solid, the vaneer was good, and had a beautiful quality bevelled edge mirror. We negotiated a price of 150.00 and walked out with our new vanity. After waiting a few weeks for some Howards insta-finish and feed-n-wax I spent a couple hours giving it some love, removing paint and scratches. Heres the finished result. We love it. Now to search for a suitable bench.

Other info, it still has its original paper label on the back, indicating it was made by Krug Bros. Ltd in Cheslea Ontario. Removing the mirrior from the wood backing indicated the manufacture date, Nov. 1946.

430.jpg

432.jpg

433.jpg

Marla

A-List Customer
Oh, it's marvelous! I too am a waterfall fan and your find makes me a bit green with envy, I do admit. :eek: I'm still searching for my perfect waterfall vanity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner