Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wave clips?

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I just bought a ton of wave clips, but I'm not exactly certain how to use them. lol Do you form the waves and then use the clips to secure them in place while they dry, or do you use the clips to somehow form the waves? Pictures would be helpful.

Thanks!

Naama

Practically Family
I just use "clips" to secure the waves after forming them. The "", because I actually use bobbypins to secure them if I sleep in them, works good as well.

artdecodame

One of the Regulars
(Huraah for first posts. :) )

Wave clips tend to take some practice, as I've learned from my first attempt turning out pretty awful. But I place the clip on the "ridge", as you may call it, of the wave. To use this photo as an example:
hair-30s-fingerwaves1.jpg

the actual wave/ridge you hold between your first two fingers will be the part to place the clip on first, then similarly afterwards. I hope that makes some sense; it's a little difficult to explain, but once you have it down you'll have quite lovely waves!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy