Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wearing my hat to NYC

univibe88

One Too Many
Today I took the train down from Boston to NYC for a big customer presentation. I was dressed in my favorite suit and feeling rather dapper...topped off with my Art hat of course. Something about taking the train and going up front to the big city just made it feel like the perfect hat day.

I even had some time to take a walk down Madison Ave. I only saw 3 other hats, but one was a very nice Panama. I did pick up two new tie bars as well.

Joe_Frances

New in Town
As a daily commuter to New York, I would say hats (Autumn and Winter primarily) are rare on the Metro-North train, but not totally absent. I wear a hat almost every day in cooler months, and see quite a few on the streets, again once it gets cooler outside. Commuters are generally a dull bunch, and would be perfectly happy looking perfectly ridiculous in a baseball cap and suit, but would die of embarrassment or shame to be caught wearing a good looking fedora. City dwellers, of course, are a different kettle of fish altogether. Some of them are ardent hat wearers and they look great. There are some very nice hats out there, and you will see more in NYC than just about anyplace else.

univibe88

One Too Many
I know, I know..I should have taken pictures. However I was headed up front for business and not for pleasure so I didn't even think to bring my camera today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto