Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wedding photos I thought you might enjoy

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Not sure if this should go here. As some of you know about a month and a half ago my long term boyfriend and I got married. I did quite a lot of vintage look in the wedding. The only thing that I had that was truly vintage was my grandmother's rosary that she smugled out of Cuba in the late 50s or early 60s. As I understand it she had it in the 40s. So I was going for a Grace Kelly type dress. My grandmother's ( the same one as who owned the rosary) dress was very much like Grace Kelly's. I had always wanted her wedding gown but even if she hadn't have had to leave it in Cuba I am about 3-5 inches taller than she was. Also my girls all had their hair and make up done in vintage style, and use vogue and butterick vintage re-issue patterns for their dresses. One of my girls was 7 months pregnant so her mom mixed a vintage dress top and a maternity skirt, so it is pretty much an original creation. I also did my own hair and make up and my mom had her dress made to look vintage also.mso here are some photos.
Close up of me so you can get a feel for my hair ( I was going for the Rita Hayworth looks as usual)
NancyampPaul-224_zps58ca1100.jpg

Great shot of the dress
NancyampPaul-324_zps235c4970.jpg

Good one of my veil
http://s74.beta.photobucket.com/use...ampPaul-233_zps4ffab217.jpg.html?sort=3&o=139
Love this one of my dress ( the cummberbund of my dress is made from the skirt of my senior prom dress). What no one informs you of when you buy these giant dresses is they are very hot ( thank goodness for a November wedding) and they are also very heavy, mine was every bit of 30+ pounds.
NancyampPaul-396_zps585762b5.jpg

Me with all my lovely friends
NancyampPaul-356_zps7f546a58.jpg

Not a great picture of my mom but you can see her dress well
NancyampPaul-385_zpsa4e7d993.jpg

And just because she would scold me for butting the bad picture up here is a good one
NancyampPaul-384_zps9b2ce6ae.jpg

Sword arch
image_zps246027e0.jpg

NancyampPaul-341_zpsfc37fb5e.jpg

NancyampPaul-340_zps6e09556b.jpg

And a nice colored shot( I informed our photographer that we both then to prefer black and white photos so he mad most mod them in black and white)
http://s74.beta.photobucket.com/use...yampPaul-408_zpsb0525ffd.jpg.html?sort=3&o=35

Last edited:

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Congratulations! You look gorgeous. I love that all the bridesmaids had different vintage style dresses. So nice to see a wedding dress that isn't strapless for a change.
My thoughts exactly, I really do not like wearing strapless. Ne of my only no budge rules was that I must have sleeves
Echoing the "Beautiful" :) I also love how the black and whites of the sword arch look like old movie stills. Just lovely all around!
Thanks I like those too. My husband does not like them much

Toni

New in Town
Excellent photos - you look absolutely stunning and your husband looks so smart in his uniform. Congratulations, I wish you all the best for your future together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points