Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Well built WOMEN’S dress shoes?

bluesmandan

A-List Customer
My wife is needing a new pair of dress shoes, and I’m having trouble finding anything well made. The disposable shankless zero support junk that is commonly available hurt her feet and wear out quickly, too. Occasionally she’ll get a pair that is comfortable but then they wear out and can’t be replaced because the shoe models are discontinued so quickly.

I’ve started buying well built shoes for myself in the last couple of years... Alden, Allen Edmonds, White’s, Chippewa... stuff that is well built and long lasting (and with good shanks and arch support too save for the AE). I’d like to buy some well built shoes for her that actually are comfortable and durable.

What options are out there? Is anyone making well built, durable, supportive women’s shoes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluesmandan

A-List Customer
So far I’ve found shoesforcrews and shoepassion.

Shoesforcrews are work shoes, but they have some passable dress shoes, and most of their offerings have a steel shank. Shoes are $60.

Shoepassion is a big step up in price for their No. 124 cap toe oxford with a heel ($345) but they are actual goodyear welted shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points