West Coast Regional #1

Discussion in 'WWII' started by Davep, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Davep

Davep One of the Regulars

This past November was the unveiling of the first annual West Coast Regional. This event had over 300 reenactors form California, Oregon, Nevada, Colorado, and Arizona; plus tons of armor. The Germans had a Panzer III and and Hetzer, four Halftracks, plus other vehicles. The Americans had four Stuart Tanks, twelve Jeeps. In addition to male soldiers there were female nurses on both the German and American Side.

Check out the CHG's website Photo and Movie pages
    www.chgww2.com

Here is the link to the video
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4565203464040964710

[​IMG]

2. DutchIndo

DutchIndo A-List Customer

Was that at Camp Roberts ? That's a neat place to play at.

3. Davep

Davep One of the Regulars

Yes, the CHG has two big armor battles a year at Camp Roberts, one usually in March and the other one usually in November.

4. I watched a bit of the video, some neat vehicles!

As they each took turns coming down the dirt road I realized that the video captured a most realistic deployment of dust!

Can you imagine the dust from a long caravan of vehicles?

5. _RAGNAR_

_RAGNAR_ One of the Regulars

We had some of us from WA also (6.FJR) and I was the Feldwebel, acting as the PL of the fallschirmjagers Saturday morning. Good battle, everyone were very good sports all around from what I saw. It was great to see that many people, looking that good, all getting along for the common cause of a great event.

The nurses looked great and it was fun to see that many vehicles ripping it up. Our fourth or fifth time down and we hope to make it every year at least once.

6. Dieter

Dieter New in Town

RAGNAR,
    I know your unit very well from RPS events at Roberts; you're all fine folk, the lot of you! I consider it an honor to "fight" along side of you as a fellow lufty! :eusa_clap

7. DutchIndo

DutchIndo A-List Customer

The last time I was at Roberts was 1999-2000 a great showing then. They had a Bren Carrier and a Kraut Half Track. It was my first and last big battle. We had small battles back then mostly around Big Bear and the Boy Scout camp down here. It must be great now with the SPR and BOB crowd.