Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wested leather tanning technique

LRS

New in Town
Hello,

I've been wondering whether Wested leather jackets including Indy, B3, etc and even the leather adventure bag, are they vegetable tanned or chrome tanned. I've watched countless reviews on YouTube and no one addresses this question. I've read I think most of the wested threads on this forum and the only mention has been that at some point in the past an indy jacket made in goat was veg tanned. But I'm unsure if that's still the case. I emailed wested and their reply was that their jackets are full grain leather which didn't really answer my question.

I know many people in this forum have their jackets. Does anyone know what type of tanning is currently being used on their leather products? Thanks for your time.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Does it matter?

There's a lot more to a leather than veg vs chrome. I think what Wested does is great for its intended purpose, but at their price the leather can't be too premium.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner