Western help, Identity or not?

Discussion in 'The Moving Picture' started by mikepara, Apr 18, 2007.

1. mikepara

mikepara Practically Family

I once saw a small part of a Western but had to leave as my unit was shipping out, and have always wished I'd been able to watch it. Can any film buff ID the movie on this scant bit of info:

Realistic? thick Mud, Snow, ice, winter film or at least this bit...
    2 bad guys out to cause trouble throw the town idiot a gun so they can shoot him in self defence when he catches it and points it innocently at them. They shoot the idiot and he crashes backwards into a river or stream breaking the ice as he falls in.

Not much to go on. Is it enough for someone who knows the film?
    Regards MP.

2. happyfilmluvguy

happyfilmluvguy Call Me a Cab

Any idea to which actors were in the small part?

3. carebear

carebear My Mail is Forwarded Here

English dialogue or dubbed spaghetti Western?

4. mikepara

Unknown to me. Certainly not 'big' actors then, probably well known now? but not then.

English speaking not dubbed.

Sorry, Tall order I know. I only saw a quick 10 minutes if that. I love westerns, and this movie looked gritty and the outlaws where young and vicious but have not seen a whiff of this movie since. at a guess, I probably saw it 25+ years ago and if on TV then released 5 years previously at least.

5. Tomasso

Tomasso Incurably Addicted

6. dhermann1

dhermann1 I'll Lock Up

YES!

Funny, I just made a post about it the other day, regarding raw eggs in beer. In McCabe and Mrs Miller, Warren Beatty is incessanty breaking an egg into a glass of whisky and guzzling it down, even in the midst of a gunfight. Great movie! Warren Beatty and Julie Christy.

7. mikepara

Just read the blurb, can't tell if this is the film I missed as I only saw such a tiny clip, but I'll get what sounds a great film anyway. Many thanks everyone. A no lose situation either way.

Obviously if someone can ID the film as something else then yay!
    kindest Regards MP