Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western Jacket?

Aztex

New in Town
Hi,

I am going crazy finding a cool western style jacket! Something different....not just a Boise style but something with a little more flair.....I'm a full time RV'er and currently near Yuma so not a lot of stores and shopping online. Been to it seems ALL the typical western clothes websites. Cavenders, Sheplers etc..... Nothing stand out....

Semi formal leaning more towards everyday wear......It's an outdoor wedding of a nephew and I'll be in the background. So Cal so a variety of styles among the 200 invited....

I have an engagement where I plan on wearing light brown/tan pants. Probably an earth toned western shirt (I found an amazing deal on a bunch of Ryan Michael linen and silk shirts and bought 10 in various tones) with a turquoise bolo. The turquoise is Rising Phoenix which is Kingman sky blue with orange matrix, and dark brown Lucchese cowboy boots. Oh yea topped off with a Sage Stetson Open Road hat.....

I have a $500 budget....More if it strikes me and seems like it would get more frequent wear.

I'm a 62 year old artist semi hippie/biker type. Long hair and goatee....

Thanks!

Look for Pioneerwear on ebay when you have service. They don’t cost a lot, and they’re great! Also Rockmount Ranchwear in Denver is really cool (also cheaper on ebay). H bar C is another one. Are you looking for fabric or suede? What size are you? And what part of SoCal are you headed to?

Last edited:

Aztex

New in Town
Look for Pioneerwear on ebay when you have service. They don’t cost a lot, and they’re great! Also Rockmount Ranchwear in Denver is really cool (also cheaper on ebay). H bar C is another one. What size are you? And what part of SoCal are you headed to?

Thanks!

Buying used in this situation tricky would have to be in person so.... The wedding was to be casual and I just heard more towards formal with like 2 weeks to outfit...A sports jacket will work for me but dashed my classic denim look!

I'm a weird in between S and M. Short stocky arms makes matching shoulder and sleeve length tricky.

I bought an H Bar C Bolero jacket and fits almost perfect BUT the sleeves are too narrow for me to wear another long sleeve underneath. Going up a size makes the sleeves too long... Not sure I like it that much anyways...look like a waiter at a fancy Mexican restaurant! :D But I can sort detract from that with bolo etc...

If you don’t want vintage, and there isn’t enough time the blazer isn’t too bad with the rest.
5F4E0927-24E5-4C7A-9DBE-E17FD62FC26D.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto