Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wet Cleaners - New Process from Europe

der schneider

One of the Regulars
heat shrinks !!! period!!!

that is the key, does this process use heat?

traditional dry cleaning isnt dry at all it is a petrol based solution that the clothing is submersed in and processed.

the EPA changed regulations a decade or so ago and the drycleaning industry had to recycle the fluids. They wentto a hot dry cleaning method and that is why somany items have been shrunk. it is also why things dont seem as clean as before. They are cycled through the same fluids that a million other folks clothing have been {washed } in.. YUCK YUCK YUCK!!!!

on another note

Have you ever sean a shirt go through the laundering and pressing process?

if you did you would understand why the buttons are always broken or missing. It isa very violent process.

Well the suit did not smell like it came from the dry cleaners more like clean and a faint faint floral smell. However I think they did a crummy job pressing my suit the collar is not lined up right. Next time I'll try the Pasadena guys. (Hilltop Cleaners)

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
I wonder if it would be successful ain removing that nasty old arm pit funk that you only find in a fifty year old suit that was not cleaned fifty years ago.

I have had some luck washing in water. Dry cleaners don't get it out. I tried an enzyme solution such as used for pet oders. No luck there. Just today tried vinegar. seemed to work, but won't know till dry.

Dry cleaning uses a solvent that removes grease and oils and some of the dirt attached to those grease and oils. The wet cleaning is soposed to clean that plus ohter stuff a lot better.

So i'd say it's got a ggod chance to do a better job. Stiil for some stuff it is a matter of the right chemistry to unlock some stuff from the cloth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen