Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What a hat from Aaron's...

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
I just got this in from Aaron's. The fedora is custom made to Aaron's specs. The felt is 50% beaver and 50% rabbitt.

The hat comes in open crown so you can bash/crease it yourself. The ribbon is 1 1/2 inches and I really like the bow... Very old school... The crown is 5 1/2 inches unblocked. The color is Almond but they also have black and chocolate. Size 7 3/8. Nice ribbon and real leather sweat. The feather is also included...

The hat is $150.00 to The Fedora Lounge members... Now thats one heck of a deal for semi custom hat that is 50% beaver in my book...

This is the write up from Aaron's site

DESCRIPTION: This is an open-crown fedora made exclusively for Aaron Hats by Bailey of Hollywood. It is 50% Beaver and 50% Hare fur felt. To our knowledge this is the only 50% Beaver, production made, fedora available. It is an open-crown so that you can shape or "bash" the crown yourself and create your own style. Satin lined with leather sweatband. Be sure to view the sample picture for the great bow detail. This comes complete in an Aaron Hats hat box and a hat brush.

http://www.getahaton.com/proddetail.php?prod=ARH6062
Toll free # is 1-877-386-4287

Here is a few pictures of my new fedora. Smile.
I just did a quick center dent and a couple pinches. A few seconds and I have a Quality looking fedora...

MVC-049F.jpg

MVC-050F.jpg

MVC-046F.jpg

MVC-045F.jpg

MVC-044F.jpg

MVC-043F.jpg

MVC-052F.jpg

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
SHARPETOYS....

lookin' goooood !!!!!

how is the texture compared to the others that you have, since it is 50/50 ???

mark the shoeshine boy

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
That's a great hat! Is is soft like a vintage felt? Ever since I checked out Matt's vintage Borsalino I've been dying to find a good soft, felt, as lightweight as possible for wear out here in the desert. I like the sound of "cloud weight" a lot!

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
SOFT....

shoeshineboy said:
SHARPETOYS....

lookin' goooood !!!!!

how is the texture compared to the others that you have, since it is 50/50 ???

mark the shoeshine boy

Shoeshineboy,
It reminds me of my vintage 1930's Borsalino you saw when you were here. I bashed it in seconds without any steam and it is holding the bash just fine. The felt has that buttery feel.

The finish is as smooth as a baby's butt. Just the right amount of stiffner.

For a factory hat it shows with the right vendor you can get a nice Vintage looking lid... I'm sure the 50% beaver is why. Did I mention its a "Cloud Weight"...

Aaron, your new custom fedora is one fine hat.:eusa_clap :) :eusa_clap

WEEGEE

Practically Family
VERY GOOD

I was thinking that Biltmore might get on the ball first not Bailey.

Looks great on you SHARPETOYS (hat model Extraordinaire)

Nice offereing Aaron:eusa_clap

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Open Crown Heaven

Great hat! I've been thinking about a light tan lid for the fall. That might be it!

WEEGEE, Biltmore already has open crowns released through Miller Hats, but I'm pretty sure they don't have any beaver content. They are a little course, in my opinion, though still nice.
NB

Razzman

One Too Many
Very nice hat Sharpetoys! I like the color and the bow. Nice choice.:eusa_clap Thanks for sharing with us. What does it look like with a teardrop shaped crown?

Aaron Hats

Vendor
Sharpetoys, Thanks for posting those pics. I really enjoy seeing our customers wearing their new hats.

Sefton said:
7 1/2 is still too small for me but, for those less 'cranially gifted" that is a nice hat

We still have 7 5/8 in the black and chocolate colors.

Matt Deckard said:
Hope he sells more... I like the idea of selling open crown hat again... just need to get the public to realize they aren't bowlers.

To be honest, I don't know if we'll be doing this again once these are sold. It took us a lot of time(months) and effort to get these together.

WEEGEE said:
I was thinking that Biltmore might get on the ball first not Bailey.

Although these are made by Bailey it's not one of their models. These hats were made specifically for us. I do have to give Bailey credit though. When I went to them with this idea they were really excited about it and didn't think twice about taking on this project.

Cheers,

Aaron

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
A question...

Aaron wrote...

Although these are made by Bailey it's not one of their models. These hats were made specifically for us. I do have to give Bailey credit though. When I went to them with this idea they were really excited about it and didn't think twice about taking on this project.

Cheers,

Aaron

Aaron Hats...fastest growing mens and ladies hat store in the country.
http://www.getahaton.com

Aaron,
This felt has a vintage feel and look to it. Is it Vintage felt that they had from the old days ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112