Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

What about Towncraft???

Seeing the same XXX Quality stamp on Towncraft and Marathon hats. Lee made Towncraft and Marathon . Did one replace the other, or did they exist simultaneously in the 50’s - 60’s - beyond? So many questions.

There are a lot of 60s Marathons out there, so they must have existed simultaneously. I don't know why they had a second line, but there seem to be far fewer Towncrafts.

Granville

One of the Regulars
The rare, elusive TownCraft. In hibernation since '77, the year I graduated high school, this specimen is free of moth damage and remarkably clean. The satin liner shows some soiling, and it was definitely worn for at least a short while. But the sweat is pliable, the felt supple. An understated feather peeks from the bow. Besides the factory tag, there is a hand-written (blue ink) sticker under the lining with blocking number and size. I usually snip out the plastic covering the logo, but after a wipe with some alcohol (it came away clean) I've decided to leave this one in. By the seventies, nobody was using Brylcreem anymore (a little dab will do ya).
2" brim, 2" grosgrain ribbon, edged with ribbon.
Just for confusion's sake, it came in a Marathon box. I can see the moment in the JC Penney store.
"Don't I get a box?"
"Oh, uh, sure" (scrambles in back room). "Here ya go!"
A rich brown indoors, it reveals olive green tones in the sunlight. This first pic shows the "brown" personality. The two pics at the end hint at its "olive" side.
TC tilt.jpeg
TC factoryTagPrice.jpeg
TC Liner Logo.jpeg
TC sweat logo.jpeg
TC sweat xxx.jpeg
image0-5.jpeg
TCraft1.jpg
TCheadshot.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member