Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What advice would you give to your younger selves?

I can't remember who is was that said: "Never eat at a place called 'Mom's'...
Similarly, never eat at a roadside cafe with an empty parking lot.

Of cars and weather:
Sell wet, buy dry...
I think you might have that backwards. You want to sell when it's dry so the potential buyer won't see where it leaks. Conversely, you want to buy when it's wet so you'll know where it leaks, and how it handles in not-so-good weather.

Life’s a high risk game that always ends deadly.
To quote the prophet Morrison, "No one here gets out alive."

Boy, hold longer on your beloved Kia Sephia and pay the money for a new set of dampers. Maybe, you get further two years. :D

Last edited:

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
janspc.gif

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Similarly, never eat at a roadside cafe with an empty parking lot.

I think you might have that backwards. You want to sell when it's dry so the potential buyer won't see where it leaks. Conversely, you want to buy when it's wet so you'll know where it leaks, and how it handles in not-so-good weather.

To quote the prophet Morrison, "No one here gets out alive."
Maybe Al...but all cars look shiny when wet, not so much dry.
B

My career was selling flow control to resource based industries so I spent a lot of years in Mines & Pulp Mills located out in the boonies and staying in small towns. I learnt that one should not eat in the local Chinese food joints.....each small town seems to have one likely with a smorg.....I love Chinese food but damn the version delivered in these small towns is a terrible version of the cuisine.

Old Mariner

One of the Regulars
I think, if I had to sit down with my 20-something, or even 30-something year old self, I would probably say something along the lines of:

Yes, it's hell...yes, it hurts, but things will turn out to your advantage in the end. You will prove the naysayers wrong, and through it all, you will find that your strength comes from within. So stand your ground, keep doing what you need to do to help yourself and remember - if people say sh*t about you online, their words have no bearing on what is happening in your reality. Your reality is where it's at, not in some virtual space.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
... they'll be calling you at home asking for referrals for good divorce attorneys because Mr. Right didn't turn out to be so 'right' after all."

I have given pro bono advice when asked by females involved with jerks and homicidal miscreants
only to have said fall upon deaf ears; until by the then-too late incident when it dawns on them that
the ba***rd has to go. Then they call again.:rolleyes:

Off topic: Once stopped at my favorite bar on Van Buren after work as a judicial reception in the
adjoining room broke, and the proprietor called me over and introduced Amy Barrett, a most impressive
lady whom will provide some added bulwark to Roberts' rather unique jurisprudence.

I was surprised the cert from Pennsylvania left since both the state Secretary and state supreme court,
and the Supremes are held subordinate to Article II legislative primacy viz election law.
Should make for interesting law review chaff.

In reply to me opening post:

Does it mean anything, when a female classmate (15/16 y) asks you, when your birthday is?

I mean, I never had the idea to invite her to my birthday and she never invited me to hers, because we had nothing important to do with each other outside from school. She always treated me positive and so I did to her. But always in the neutral way.
But her question always comes back to my mind, from time to time.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
In reply to me opening post:

Does it mean anything, when a female classmate (15/16 y) asks you, when your birthday is?
But her question always comes back to my mind, from time to time.

Moglicherweise, aber da dies vor so langer Zeit geschak, sollten Sie es einfach bis zu einem dieser
Dinge Kreide. Und viel gluck mit das.;):)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112