What Are The Hottest Leather Jacket Brands of 2021?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Coriu, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Marc mndt

Marc mndt My Mail is Forwarded Here

You bought 10 Goodwears this year!? I didn't know they could make them at that pace lol. I guess some must have been stock/OTR from previous years :p

Monitor and jonesy86 like this.
  2. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

951CF7D1-4851-4F78-9DBC-B77D611C0E56.gif

sweetfights, Ayeteael and Marc mndt like this.
  3. BlueSteel

BlueSteel Familiar Face

LOL - thanks! And I'm 100% sure I'll be slowing down once I really hone in on my preferences, and when I feel like I already have my favorite styles covered. But I am a collector by nature, so will have to fight the instinct to keep adding...

marker2037, sweetfights and El Marro like this.
  4. BlueSteel

BlueSteel Familiar Face

Thank you! Really enjoying these great jackets, and this forum.

Marc mndt and jonesy86 like this.
  5. BlueSteel

BlueSteel Familiar Face

I feel lucky you are not my size...I don't want to try to compete with you for these - your buying game is strong! :D

Will Zach and jonesy86 like this.
  6. jonesy86

jonesy86 I'll Lock Up

No, only 2 in 2021 so far, the Mojave, and the black Hercules Horween Mustang, both from TFL classifieds. The year isn't over yet!

Canuck Panda, El Marro and Marc mndt like this.
  7. Monitor

Monitor

Good ol' JC keeps a stash for his VLJ buddies. Gotta keep that praise rollin' in somehow 'cause it sure as heck won't come from people who deposited two hundred dollars five years ago and haven't gotten an email since. Gaudewear isn't just about oversizing; there's some prioritizing too.

8. jonesy86

jonesy86 I'll Lock Up

I've been seeing more and more second hand GWs, I have 4. The A-2s seem to come up more often the civilian models.

9. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

Here's my summary for this year:

- 60's Brooks Gold Label Cafe Racer
    - The Few Mobster Black Badalassi
    - Vintage Taubers of California (up for sale in Classifieds)
    - Shangri-La Heritage black suede Trucker
    - Thedi olive deerskin cross-zip
    - 2x Vintage Harro
    - Vintage Lesco Perfecto
    - Addict Clothes AD-01 Deerskin
    - The Flat Head Cross-zip with mouton collar
    - Aero Highwayman (has been sold in the meantime)
    - NO more jacket plans for me this year and next year as I'm pretty much done unless I find a second hand Mulholland in the EU.

I also sold several jackets this year: AL/SB Roadster, FW Journeyman deerskin, AL Cafe Racer and 1-2 more I forgot ;)

10. Edward

Edward Bartender

Which SJCs have you got? I have my eye on one of the denim BD jackets, assuming Simon keeps those in the line long enough, as well as that glorious grizzly. I have one of the first run of the 33 in wool; interesting to see he's added a leather top-collar to those now.

Got my eye on lots else besides, but unless our big lotto win comes in, I'm not going to be in a position to buy more for a while yet. So much to clear out first!

sweetfights likes this.
  11. ton312

ton312

I have the first run 33 plaid Halfbelt and I ordered the navy blue wool/leather Halfbelt 33. They are supposed to ship end of November, so I hope to have it early December. Depending on the fit and availability, I may grab the black goatskin 33 as well. With the dropped VAT, the prices are very attractive!

Edward likes this.
  12. moktabe

moktabe One of the Regulars

Aero for me...
    1 x Windward in brown CXLSH with Irvin collar,
    1 x Sheene in tobacco Badalssi,
    1 x mongrel MC jacket in black Badalssi (ordered)

Sabir Asaria, BlueSteel and Robbie79 like this.
  13. MrProper

MrProper One Too Many

FiveStar Shearling B3 Vest
    FiveStarWestern/Trucker Deerskin
    Aero Sheene unfinished HH
    FiveStar Cafe racer
    FiveStar Shearling Summer Vest
    Sears rough-out Cafe Racer (gifted to a member here)
    Lewis Leather Racing Jacket 442 (hopefully the day after tomorrow)
    FiveStarShearling Jacket (ordered)

BlueSteel, Robbie79 and Marc mndt like this.
  14. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

You guys are Major League. I am Little League...

Two Shields (blue and yellow)
    One Kurland
    One Bates

BlueSteel, Robbie79 and Marc mndt like this.
  15. Marc mndt

It helps that I'm not super picky about what I'm buying, as long as it's a quality piece and the price is right. In most cases I don't even ask about measurements because patterns are more important than measurements when it comes to fit, plus people don't know how to take measurements anyway.

Why so many? I love to learn about different makers and styles and the best (and only) way to learn is by handling a lot of jackets. The ones that don't work for me are passed on to fellow loungers so they can enjoy them. It's a lot of fun either way.

16. Coriu

Coriu Practically Family

Aero is the early leader with 16.

17. Rich22

Rich22 A-List Customer

Do you deal in leather jackets, or just buy for your closest few dozen friends? :cool:

18. Marc mndt

I keep about two out of three for myself, trying to build a collection of grail pieces. The other ones go to guys who I know will appreciate some particular jacket more than I do.

Last night I bought this vintage Vanson for instance. I'm not a Vanson guy but I've only handled a couple modern Vansons so far. Therefore I bought this vintage one so that I can see and experience what it's about. Leather, construction, fit etc. Maybe take a few pics for my Instagram account in case it's a reasonable fit.

And when I'm done with it I'll offer it to a fellow tfl member who I think would love to own this one.

AF871162-01AB-48AD-8B90-633BB7B19136.jpeg

19. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead One Too Many

Although I have dramatically slowed down, a lot of damage was done this year LOL. I'm only going to count stuff I kept because there was a lot of buy/sell activity; thankfully the overall jacket count did come down, even though it may not appear as such:

Field Leather Route 66 (delivered in Jan but ordered in Oct. I guess this counts, no?)
    Schott vintage racer (based on the beck 666)
    Thedi Highwayman style with mutton collar
    Thedi Padded Racer
    Aero C3 vest
    Vanson Commando
    Schott vintage 184 A2/G1 hybrid style
    Cal Leathers vintage LAPD CHP
    Aero Ridley natural CXL
    Lewis Leather Lightning (not delivered yet, but should be in the next 1-2 weeks)
    Aero Ridley black/brown Vicenza
    Harley Davidson vintage Sporster
    Field Leathers TBD project (ordered in 2021 but probably not ready until next year)

I expect my 2022 activity to be very minimal. I've got a few "exceptions" on a wish list or in a couple cases I would upgrade certain jackets under a one in and one out. At least that's the plan, we'll see :rolleyes:

BlueSteel, Coriu, Robbie79 and 3 others like this.
  20. jonesy86

jonesy86 I'll Lock Up

Hell of a year dude.