Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking?

Caleb Moore

Familiar Face
FedoraGent said:
Makers and Coke, in a low ball. Third one.

IMG_0498.jpg

FG.

Nice to see you're drinking the organic Maker's, FG...

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Lady Day said:
Aw that sounds freggin awesome!

LD

It's quite good, but not nearly as good as it used to be. It seems as though they've ramped up the amount of hops and alcohol, so you don't taste the chocolate maltiness as much. I'm going to to put the rest of the bottles I have away for a few years and see how they mature.

KilroyCD said:
Ooh, that sounds good! How is it compared to Guinness Stout?

It's a completely different animal. The Brooklyn is a Russian Imperial Stout. Truly a big beer in every way. Big on hops, big on chocolate and coffee-like malt, and big on alcohol (10%). Both pour the color of used motor oil, but Guinness is light and sweet, while the Brooklyn really tastes like it looks. Because of the amount of alcohol, and the strong flavors, it's more of a winter sipping beer. It's not something you'd want to have several of...for one, you'd be pretty lit, and second, you'd feel really, really full.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Tonight it's St. Bernardus Abt 12.

stbernardusabt12dh9.jpg

Not my picture, but I'm drinking it from a Chimay glass too. It's a superb abbey style ale, and stronger than the Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout.

Mojito

One Too Many
Diet Coke!

I'm on the wagon for January (except for Australia Day - that would be too cruel).

The litre bottle of Cointreau I bought Duty Free in December is winking at me from the bar, and the line up of spirits, including Belvedere vodka, that were given to me for Christmas are whispering a temptation.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Zohar said:
Tonight it's St. Bernardus Abt 12.

stbernardusabt12dh9.jpg

Not my picture, but I'm drinking it from a Chimay glass too. It's a superb abbey style ale, and stronger than the Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout.

Oh, that looks good. I'm going to have to try one. I checked out their website, and I'd like to try all of their beers.

Brad

anon`

One Too Many
David Conwill said:
Sun's up here now, so I added some Carolan's Irish Cream. Nice Christmas gift from the parents.

-Dave
It's still dark here, and I'm still into the black coffee. Except now I'm at work, so no fancy additives for me! I've also switched to decaf, since I'll likely continue to drink coffee until at least lunch, assuming I get one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider