What are you wearing today??

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by moustache, Nov 21, 2006.

1. eibhear264

eibhear264 New in Town

Michael A likes this.
  2. Michael A

Michael A I'll Lock Up

Thank you, sir. That is currently my favorite suit. And it is likely to remain so until the temperatures start rising again. It's a heavy piece of wool.

Michael

eibhear264 likes this.
  3. eibhear264

eibhear264 New in Town

Where does one acquire a wool suit? I live in Michigan, and the winters here are very cold, so I'm sure something like that would help greatly

4. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

Make a note of these two websites, keep a check on them constantly, they trade in upmarket, made to measure, mainly men's clothing. I appreciate that you are in the US but don't let that put you off. You do need to know about a couple of costs though. Like you in The States, we have a tax on purchases, you being a foreigner, makes you exempt of this tax. It's called value added tax, often referred to as VAT. Some retailers include the tax in the total price, some give the price and say, plus VAT. So you need to ask any retailer that you buy from, here in the UK, if their price is VAT inclusive or not.
    Your carriage charge will depend on which carrier the retailer uses as well as the weight and dimensions of the package, but as a yardstick, purchases that I have made on line from American retailers have cost me between fifty and sixty dollars. Here are the websites.
    Tweedman, Savvy Row. The latter is a pun on the famous Savile Row in London, where made to measure suits range from two grand upwards.
    You will find pure wool suits, cashmere coats, hand made shoes, beautiful shirts and so much more, all for a fraction of the cost new. You also have to the benefit of capitalising on the weak pound, current exchange rate is one pound equals a dollar thirty four.

eibhear264 likes this.
  5. super17

super17 New in Town

What type of suit would you recommend for tropical climate? It is very hard to "dress up" here and mostly a shirt alone is as far as my body can take!

6. tropicalbob

tropicalbob My Mail is Forwarded Here

Linen or a linen-silk blend.

7. eibhear264

eibhear264 New in Town

Thank you, I'll definitely take a look at those websites

8. RIOT

RIOT Practically Family

joeriot.png

RRL pattern mix

9. 1mach1

1mach1

Very nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

RIOT likes this.
  10. RIOT

RIOT Practically Family

Thank you Sir!

1mach1 likes this.
  11. Sheepdog149

Sheepdog149 Practically Family

Nothin' special - t-shirt, jeans & boots [emoji41][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bushman and 1mach1 like this.
  12. super17

super17 New in Town

I used to have linen suits and i hate that they get ceases super super easy! Some ppl like that look but i am a bit obsessed with a nice ironed suit! Lol

Joao Encarnado likes this.
  13. tropicalbob

tropicalbob My Mail is Forwarded Here

It depends on the linen. The silk/linen blends don't wrinkle as much, but when the heat and humidity reach certain levels there isn't much you can do but stay inside. I also wear linen/silk vests in the warmer months instead of jackets. Brooks Brothers have a few nice ones that can be picked up during sales, and they can also be found on Etsy or Ebay for not too much money.

14. Mathematicus

Mathematicus A-List Customer

An open weave material like fresco does help a lot in heat, provided you stay under the shadow and there is a little of air circulation.

15. Sheepdog149

Sheepdog149 Practically Family

An indigo button down shirt, a grey t-shirt, a pair of black selvedge jeans & Red Wing Iron Ranger's (8111s)...[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
    Michael A likes this.
  16. Ticklishchap

Ticklishchap One Too Many

Today’s wear: Navy Commando sweater, Rich Brown Levi cords, Dark Blue Barbour jacket, black leather cap (bought in Ulan Bator!).

Bushman likes this.
  17. Retro Spectator

Retro Spectator Practically Family

Man I haven't posted here in a while! I still collect and wear vintage clothes, it's just that I'm too lazy to take pictures and post them lol. I got this jacket on Amazon. I really like it! It's not vintage but I love how it looks never the less. The tie I got on I think is vintage. It says "Color Fantasy" on the back. Probably 40s or early 50s by the looks of it. :D

[​IMG]

RIOT, Michael A, PeterB and 1 other person like this.
  18. HadleyH1

HadleyH1 One Too Many

me in South America

[​IMG]

EmergencyIan and Michael A like this.
  19. HadleyH1

HadleyH1 One Too Many

if I posted that photo my apologies. ^

EDIT to say love those boots...and love those jeans...both comfy and sexy

not expensive at all.....not well known brands ....nothing of the sort

they just fit nice....thats good enough for moi

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  20. super17

super17 New in Town

I have been looking at some Vrooks Brothers items already. If you recommend them i might give them a try.

tropicalbob likes this.