What are your 2019 leather jacket buying plans or aspirations?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Colin G, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Colin G

Colin G Practically Family

What do you all have planned for leather jacket purchases in 2019?

Lets see your plans or lists for leather jacket purchases and what you all have cooking up in your heads. Buying, thinning the herd, whatever.

For me, not much will happen for 2019. I sold off my older, ill-fitting leather in the fall of 2018 so I have ordered everything I need to replace what was sold. I have 4 leather jackets showing up in the next couple of months so I'll be neck deep in leather, trying to break in 4 jackets so I will be busy.

I am thinking of a button front leather jacket next along the lines of an Aero Premiere 20's work coat or Himel Canuck but common sense will prevail and I won't allow myself to spend that kind of cash on the Canuck. This will be a late 2019 early 2020 purchase.

2019 will be focused on getting a few pairs of custom boots made and that is it.

Tell us all what you have coming or planned for 2019.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  2. SimonR

SimonR One of the Regulars

Well I'm new to the collecting part ... always loved nice leather in boots or jackets

Just picked up some Frye shearling lined engineer boots so for 2019 I'm looking for someting for the summer .. maybe Wesco or similar

Jacket wise I picked up an as new Vanson Enfield 6 months ago and am after a shearling ANJ4 / B6 or similar or ideally a shearling lined leather for 2019 ...

Those are the definites ... any other purchases will be classed as bonus buys :)

Harris HTM and Bfd70 like this.
  3. zebedee

zebedee Practically Family

I am aiming to sell my cordovan LHB and the Simmons Bilt; I am thinking about ordering a Teamster in the brown-near-black, waxy Steerhide that I once owned a used Aero in (it might be the antique/tumbled cxfqhh colour on the website, dunno for sure), but that might necessitate selling the Stockman as well. It's my ambition to only own three or four of the damn things by August- a) I'm likely back off to Asia and the weather isn't really requiring of an Aero for most of the year (unless I pick places that have proper winters), b) I feel pretty stupid owning jackets that I rarely wear and c) I don't have the storage space... I'm hoping that I can get a Teamster made to about the same length as an LHB, which would make it an all-weather thing. We'll see...

4. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

I'm primarily waiting for an Iron Heart jacket that's going to be released very soon that I'm interested in. I also need a new pair of boots, I guess. Engineer boots, what else, even tho I've had crap luck with them. They're still the nicest footwear in existence so what can I do...
    Other than that, this year I'm hoping to buy an Aero Type-3 in CXL, also blanket lined and my quest for an ultimate cross zip isn't over. If only someone'd made one in sheepskin but with cow or hh overlays for added protection. That'd be something.

5. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Aero Bootlegger Volume III. And nothing else. Ever again.

Phil Silv3rs, Dr H, torfjord and 7 others like this.
  6. I've got a Bill Kelso Star 18245 A-2 on order (liberty dark seal with rust knits) which I'm hoping will arrive in time for my birthday next April....

That's it for the moment. But it is only Jan 7th so that could well change....

7. I'm with Tony. Got an email this morning that my Thedi # MTC-127916 in antiqued tan buffalo has arrived at Thurston Bros. Should get to my Indiana door in about a week I guess. Then I'm DONE..!! Tony and I will then have therapy sessions by private message to talk each other down if the demon cross zip/button leather custom jacket urge ever surfaces again.
    HD

Wallman, Dr H, torfjord and 7 others like this.
  8. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

None. I've also stopped wearing leather and denim. Nice to have a change.

zebedee likes this.
  9. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Deal. I’ll call you on that but I also have to apply a soft edit to my post. If TM ever wants to move that Shawl collared Buzz...I can’t refuse.

10. Grayland

Grayland One Too Many

No more jackets.

I'm in line for a pair of brown Road Champ engineer boots. I was told 6 months ago that it might be "a while" before they could source the leather.

Also, waiting for the green Aero paratrooper turtleneck sweater to be restocked. Should be restocked by the end of January.

Colin G, Mich486 and Monitor like this.
  11. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

My condolences

dan_t likes this.
  12. Bfd70

Bfd70 One Too Many

Talk to Colin in the 1st post re your Anj needs

Colin G likes this.
  13. OMG..already?...really? Noooooo. I might have to put together an intervention if I can find a half dozen members who are off the drug. So far I only have one: Seb Lucas. :oops:

Dr H, tmitchell59, Seb Lucas and 2 others like this.
  14. mtrlr

mtrlr Familiar Face

Looking for a good J-100 or similar CR. I'm considering a Diamond Clothing J-100 now, but boys, leather jacket is becoming an expensive hobby :)

15. navetsea

navetsea Call Me a Cab

if a group leader told you that, leave now when you can man it's a doomsday cult.

Mysteryo likes this.
  16. El Marro

El Marro One Too Many

Is there anything we can say that might bring you back into the fold?

17. El Marro

El Marro One Too Many

I have really been jonesing for a chp style jacket with a straight zip, as offered by Aero and Lost Worlds. I have seen some truly beautiful vintage examples from Cal Leathers and I am toying with the idea of reaching out to them to make a new one for me. I have resisted the urge to do this since June of last year, I’m not sure how much longer I can hold on...

Psant25 and JMax like this.
  18. Retromoto

Retromoto One of the Regulars

Leaning towards a Aero Maxwell or Teamster, time will tell.
    G.

Guppy and Boyo like this.
  19. FrankGAO

FrankGAO New in Town

Aero B-3 or B-6 or RAF

20. Superfluous

Superfluous My Mail is Forwarded Here

Trying to convince Freewheelers to make me a custom Caboose. I also might order a canvas (no leather) jacket from Thedi. Otherwise, nothing currently planned.