Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are your favorite colors?

Tin Pan Sally

Mine are:
sage green with cream,
periwinkle,
soft, muted blues (not pastel),
metallic copper,
rusty brown (and most reddish medium – darker browns),
jet black,
Intense jewel tones: cobalt/royal blue (my very favorite), deep teal, emerald green, imperial purple

decodoll

Practically Family
Pink (especially with chocolate brown or black)
navy blue (especially with red accents)
kelly green
jadite green (for kitcheny things in particular)

Rosie

One Too Many
I like black and white
brown and creamy type colors
I love patterns with colors that play off one another I recently bought a skirt that has pinks and greens, lovely. Lately, I've been loving navy and pink.

On men, I LOVE brown, especially brown w/pinstripes, dreamy. :)

CharlieH.

One Too Many
That depends on what:
Most items- green and blue
House walls- light yellow (very light)
Shirts- White
Bathroom- Emerald green and white
Photos- black and white
Dame's lips- Ruby red
Automobiles- Jade green (or navy blue)
Fountain pen nibs - silver
Ties - Any colour, except pink (unless it looks kippy)
Tires- White!

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
For clothes: I wear a lot of navy and cream at work, and lavendar, pink, and blue outside work.

Shoes: Tan and navy.

House: mine is sage green, white and dark grey. I also like light yellow or wedgewood blue with white trim.

Room: I had a dream about a fourplex with white walls and aqua and gold accents--it was beautiful.

Hair: I find light blond and black attractive, but I wouldn't dye my hair these colors.

Nails: any natural-looking color.

Flowers: pink and white.

Cars: it depends on the model.

Appliances: white.

AtomicBlonde

One of the Regulars
My favorite colors are usualy soft femine colors, and colors that make my eyes look best. I have blue eyes, so I like wearing blues and blue greens, aqua shades look best on me. I like light pinks and violets. I painted my bedroom a pale yellow because its such a cheerful, happy color and it reminds me of a Joni Mitchell song I like.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Another vote for Jadite Green here, along with --

Sage Green
Emerald Green
Cream
Maroon
Cadet Blue
Dark Royal Blue
Technicolor Red (kind of a slight tinge toward brickish)
Burnt Sienna
Old Newsprint (don't quite know the proper name for this color, but it's kind of an off-tan/yellowish-white such as old magazine pages get. I had it custom mixed at Sherwin Williams, and did my living room walls in it!)

16_sparrows

Vendor
So funny! Just the other day I was thinking of starting a thread on everyone's favorite color combinations.

My favorite colors last summer were green & brown but this summer I'm leaning more toward navy, cream & red. I'm not sure why but I think it may be because I'm into nautical symbolism at the moment.

Katydid

One of the Regulars
I like deep colors on clothes because of my skin tone; I think I look dumb in pastels. My favorite colors have to be jade green, chocolate brown, light grey, most blues; especially navy, and deep reds. The only time I like pastels is on flowers and trees.

Mrs. MK

New in Town
Here are my faves

What a fun question for me to answer because I'm a very color-oriented person by nature. In my house I love sage green, light gold, taupe, hints of antique red (orangish). The only blue that ends up in my home is usually in artwork. Clothes: black, beige, peach, terracotta, brown, taupe, antique red, chamois yellow - all muddy warm colors. Luckily my husband likes the same colors for our home, and we wear a lot of the same colors - brown, taupe, white. He doesn't wear pink or red! He looks amazing in his tan stripe vintage suit, with a fedora to match!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider