Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are your sunglasses of choice?

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Today was a planned longer Harley ride , hence the 1980's "manipulated" Black B&L Ray-Ban Baloramas.
This is probably my "favourite pair" , especially on longer or runs with any 110 Km/H stretches.
They hug my skull real close , almost zero wind disturbance to the eyes. Under the Captain America open face lid.
Last dry day for a few days , so we were glad to get out and about, PLUS the bars are now open after 3 months !!

Simmons Bilt J100 June 2.jpg

June Draught beers.jpg

ralanis2

One of the Regulars
I’ve been falling in love with Jacques marie mage sunglasses. They’re well made, feel thick and solid and come with nice lenses. I have a pair of the toas and the molino with a pair of the Montana on the way. JMM Taos are shown in the pic. Pics taken by my wife messing around in her studio. The jacket is a Fine creek type 3.
View attachment 234538 View attachment 234539
DUDE yes!! Just got a pair of Borodino's and they are mindmeltingly amazing!! the TAOS are my next ones. Still debating on LAVA or Noir $

ralanis2

One of the Regulars
I don't care for the JMM Lava finish. Noir is cool. If you want brown, Havana 4.
The reason why i like the lave so much, is because you can see that beautiful ornate decoration on the side of the temples.

The Noir dont show this but the color is classic. Love my Borodinos though, by far their best, highest quality, stylish glasses IMO

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 12.24.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 12.24.40 AM.png
    1,005.5 KB · Views: 589
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 12.24.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 12.24.50 AM.png
    1 MB · Views: 529
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 12.24.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 12.24.25 AM.png
    752 KB · Views: 608

ralanis2

One of the Regulars
Different strokes . . . I don't purchase any JMMs with decoration on the exterior of the temples . . . deal breaker for me.
I love that micro attention to detail on everything including the engraving on the temples. The pattern itself is amazing! As you said though, different tastes.

Not all models have those details on the temples though, thats what makes that Taos and like models so great!

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Another "action" shot, taken on today's Harley ride over on the coast. 16 Full oil tankers hove to on the horizon.
Last nice day for a wee while , weather to turn shitty for a few days starting tomorrow , weekend to be a washout.
Jacket for today my Simmons Bilt Nebraska goathide. I have said before this was made for Proconsul , an LA retailer.
Jeans Levi 504 , boots Lucchese Buffalo ropers, sunglasses manipulated 1970's 7 barrel hinged ray-Ban Balorama 2 tone.

Simmons Bilt Nebraska June 09.jpg

RL204

One of the Regulars
I love that micro attention to detail on everything including the engraving on the temples. The pattern itself is amazing! As you said though, different tastes.

Not all models have those details on the temples though, thats what makes that Taos and like models so great!

I’m 100% in favour of being able to see the ornate metal frame in the arms of the JMM glasses. One of my favourite parts about them.

ralanis2

One of the Regulars
I’m 100% in favour of being able to see the ornate metal frame in the arms of the JMM glasses. One of my favourite parts about them.

So amazing, I’ve never seen a pair of sunglasses with that much attention to detail. Supersedes Dita, matsuda, moscot and Tom Ford.

minimalist and maximalist simultaneously..

Edward

Bartender
View attachment 240745 Shuron prescription glasses with clip ons. The best system for those of us who have to wear glasses.

How do you find clipping them on and off? Does it present any danger of scratching the lenses? I've toyed with the idea of getting one of these for my Shurons. I have one pair of presecription sunglasses already and another with photochromic lenses. The photochromics are the most convenient option as they avoid the limitations of a dedicated pair of sunglasses, but they do whack up the price (especially as in a year or two I'm going to have to shift to varifocals). Aesthetically my favourite option is always no tint in my spectacles, and the Shuron clip-ons havea real practicaland aesthetic appeal as a plus for my Ronsirs. A bonus is that as I have more than one pair of Ronsir Zyls, the same clip-on could be used with them all.

lina

Practically Family
How do you find clipping them on and off? Does it present any danger of scratching the lenses? I've toyed with the idea of getting one of these for my Shurons. I have one pair of presecription sunglasses already and another with photochromic lenses. The photochromics are the most convenient option as they avoid the limitations of a dedicated pair of sunglasses, but they do whack up the price (especially as in a year or two I'm going to have to shift to varifocals). Aesthetically my favourite option is always no tint in my spectacles, and the Shuron clip-ons havea real practicaland aesthetic appeal as a plus for my Ronsirs. A bonus is that as I have more than one pair of Ronsir Zyls, the same clip-on could be used with them all.
No problem at all clipping them on and off. The clips go outside the frame, so I've never had them scratch the lenses at all. I wear my glasses all the time, so for me this is the perfect solution. The one downside is that the clip ons are not cheap. Shuron glasses themselves are quite affordable, but the clip ons, at $70 I think (?) are not. And they are not particularly well made, that is basically plastic and I've had two break over the years. So, I do wish the quality was better, but still it is well worth it to me to have functional and relatively cool looking sunglasses/glasses.

Edward

Bartender
No problem at all clipping them on and off. The clips go outside the frame, so I've never had them scratch the lenses at all. I wear my glasses all the time, so for me this is the perfect solution. The one downside is that the clip ons are not cheap. Shuron glasses themselves are quite affordable, but the clip ons, at $70 I think (?) are not. And they are not particularly well made, that is basically plastic and I've had two break over the years. So, I do wish the quality was better, but still it is well worth it to me to have functional and relatively cool looking sunglasses/glasses.

Thanks, I'll give them a look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points