Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What coffee or tea did you drink today?

earl

A-List Customer
Didn't see a thread like this. So, thought I'd start 1. Just finished some Yunnan black tea in 1 of my Yixing pots. Earl

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Earl, with a forum name like your's, I would have thought that your favourite hot drink would have been Earl Grey tea.

Being English, you might be expected to think that I would sing the praises of tea. Not so, far from it, ugh! So gross. Heresy I hear the tea drinkers say.

But for me it has to be a Kenyan coffee called Peaberry. Black, no sugar. Drunk it for over sixty years. For what it's worth, I can't stand instant coffee, and if those stupid adverts, that imply that drinkers of real coffee can't tell the difference, if served a cup of their instant brand, think we are so gullible.................................

earl

A-List Customer
Earl, with a forum name like your's, I would have thought that your favourite hot drink would have been Earl Grey tea.

Being English, you might be expected to think that I would sing the praises of tea. Not so, far from it, ugh! So gross. Heresy I hear the tea drinkers say.

But for me it has to be a Kenyan coffee called Peaberry. Black, no sugar. Drunk it for over sixty years. For what it's worth, I can't stand instant coffee, and if those stupid adverts, that imply that drinkers of real coffee can't tell the difference, if served a cup of their instant brand, think we are so gullible.................................

I only drink tea after lunch. Must have very dark roast coffee at breakfast.:D Earl

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
A short black & 2 skim flat whites (1 shot of espresso & a double espresso with steamed milk x2. Kind of like a cappuccino without the froth).
short-black.jpg

Last edited:

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
make it yourself
I've seen one other recipe (yields 4 cups of tea, I suppose):
2 tablespoons brown rice
4 cups water
4 teaspoons green tea leaves
Put the rice in a small skillet and toast over medium-low heat until it turns dark in spots. Move to a small saucepan. Pour in the water and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 1 minute. Remove from heat and allow to steep 3 minutes more. Add the tea and let it steep another 3 minutes. Strain and discard the rice and tea leaves from the liquid. Serve the tea hot.

earl

A-List Customer
Maxwell House. Good to the last drop!

Just beware of that last drop.

Only canned coffee I like is Cafe Bustelo. In fact, it's my regular coffee. It's an espresso roast. Have bought many types of boutique, dark roasted beans over the years, which I've liked but found I didn't like them any better than Cafe Bustelo which runs nearly 1/3 the price of the beans I've tried. Earl

Foch

New in Town
Fresh ground Sumatra made in a French Press...I may be deployed to the Marshall Islands but life is to short for bad coffee or cheap cigars..

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
Only canned coffee I like is Cafe Bustelo. In fact, it's my regular coffee. It's an espresso roast. Have bought many types of boutique, dark roasted beans over the years, which I've liked but found I didn't like them any better than Cafe Bustelo which runs nearly 1/3 the price of the beans I've tried. Earl

Same here, Earl. It's our regular coffee. We too have tried many gourmet coffee's and, I have to say, this tops them (many times by a long shot). It is a very strong coffee, but it isn't bitter. However, it's a very full bodied.

We buy Café Bustelo in the brick and place it in a sealed container.

It also a great coffee for the Bialetti Moka Express pot... stovetop "Espresso" maker.

- Ian

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Fresh ground Sumatra made in a French Press...I may be deployed to the Marshall Islands but life is to short for bad coffee or cheap cigars..

I cannot abide Sumatra coffee or Ethiopean joe, but Costa Rican and Peruvian java hit home.:coffee:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider