Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What color is Akubra's BlueGrass Green?

Corky

Practically Family
What color is Akubra's BlueGrass Green?

One major problem with ordering items like hats and jackets over the internet is that the colors displayed by a vendor's website might not be an accurate representation of the color of the item. The photographer's camera might have been out of whack, the lighting was wrong, or one's monitor might simply be out of adjustment.

On the Outerwear thread, it seems that each manufacturer has his own idea of what color is "Russet".

Recently. Loungers were ecstatic that the Camp Draft has been offered in BlueGrass Green. But exactly what color is BlueGrass Green?

I am originally from the Bluegrass State of Kentucky and even I have no idea.

One thing is clear, BlueGrass Green is a tricky color for the various websites to display. It is in a gray area between the boundaries of web-safe colors.

So, I offer my observations. Bluegrass Green is a grayish Blue-Green which looks and photographs different ways in different conditions of light and shade.

For an approximate match I suggest you go to any hex color generator web site and enter hex code 303530.

If anybody else can come up with a more accurate color match, please post it below.

Best of luck

billyspew

One Too Many
Thanks for that, but having plugged that Hex colour into Photoshop, it still doesn't give me a good idea!
I have two monitors (different makes) connected to my computer, and on one it looks decidedly grey, on the other it looks very much to be green. Hmm...
I am very interested in a Campdraft in this colour, but I do want to wait until someone receives one and is able to give an opinion.

TTFN,

Bill

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I don't have the slightest inkling what either of those mean, I'm afraid, nor what variations in hue they might represent.

My extremely limited usefulness in this thread has come to a close, I fear.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Perhaps I went to military...I was thinking of the "OG's" Vietnam era greens or the newer green of the Battle Dress Uniform. Either way...the color doesn't sound so bad if it leans toward that kind of green...

CRH

Call Me a Cab
My turn to use this!

worthlesswithoutpics

And while we're at it let's see how the bluegrass green compares to the willow green. I know someone around here has a willow green Squatter.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Maybe once people start getting the Bluegrass Camp Drafts...we'll get some pics of it compared to other Akubra green lids....:eusa_clap

Corky

Practically Family
Here are a couple of snapshots of the BlueGrass Green Camp Draft...

Here are a couple of snapshots of the BlueGrass Green Camp Draft.

The pics were taken with the same camera a few minutes apart, in the same light, and at a similar angle...

Against a white background it looks green...

green-1a.jpg

But next to a blue background, it looks gray...

green-2a.jpg

Billyspew, I like the hat's distinctive color. So I give the BlueGrass Green Camp Draft a positive review.

I tried to use the Photoshop color picker tool on my digital snapshot to get a more accurate hex value, but the results were all over the place. Maybe that's what's cool about it: the color is elusive and hard to nail down.

Hope this is helpful.

Best of luck

billyspew

One Too Many
Corky said:
Billyspew, I like the hat's distinctive color. So I give the BlueGrass Green Camp Draft a positive review.

I tried to use the Photoshop color picker tool on my digital snapshot to get a more accurate hex value, but the results were all over the place. Maybe that's what's cool about it: the color is elusive and hard to nail down.

Hope this is helpful.

Best of luck

Thanks that is very useful. I shall be placing an order on Friday!

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
I posted this shot a while back in the Akubra R.M. thread. I have seen a bluegrass green Campdraft in person, and, to my eye, this photo from an online retailer captures what I saw fairly accurately in terms of color.

4_gr.jpg

I wasn't a big fan of the bluegrass green when I was actually holding it in my own hands -- but it would be interesting to see if that color has changed a bit in current production runs.

Cheers,
JtL

Michael Bonner

New in Town
To my eye

they look about the same. I have a squatter in willow green, a "bluegrass green" akubra, and a custom "moss green" or "dark moss" (felt from Winchester?). To my eye, they are all three very, very close in color; different, but close in hue. A dark to medium green with no brownish tint. OD or "fatigue green" has, to my eye, a tint of brown and; these are greens with perhaps a very slight greyish or bluish tint. Very different from olive. They are NOT grass green. Hope that helps some.

JJWord

Familiar Face
I seem to recall someone posting a pic of their Bluegrass Green Stylemaster that made it look like something the Notre Dame mascot should be wearing. I remember it so much since it was around St. Patrick's Day.

I'm not sure if it was the lighting or the camera, but it was stark. A much different color than shown in the above pictures.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Michael Bonner said:
they look about the same. I have a squatter in willow green, a "bluegrass green" akubra, and a custom "moss green" or "dark moss" (felt from Winchester?). To my eye, they are all three very, very close in color; different, but close in hue. A dark to medium green with no brownish tint. OD or "fatigue green" has, to my eye, a tint of brown and; these are greens with perhaps a very slight greyish or bluish tint. Very different from olive. They are NOT grass green. Hope that helps some.

Sounds like a proper prairie land hat :D.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points