What Did You Drink Last Night?

Discussion in 'The Connoisseur' started by kiltie, Jan 14, 2009.

1. PoohBang

PoohBang Suspended

I'm enjoying a Drakes Jolly Rodgers

2. Wally_Hood

Wally_Hood One Too Many

Got back from Disneyland and the World of Color show; everyone else was feeling under the weather with this flu bug, so I enjoyed a Boston Side Car and watched part of Pushover, a late entry noir with Fred MacMurray and introducing Kim Novak. With noir, whisky neat is probably most apropos...

3. Lady Day

Lady Day I'll Lock Up Bartender

Went to Cicada last night with some friends and had my usual, an Old Fashioned. Also had a bartender's special, a hot apple toddy made with Lairds Apple Brandy, 100 proof. Man. :biggrin:
    LD

4. Did they hold all that fruit stuff from you Old Fashioned?:D

5. crwritt

crwritt One Too Many

Moxie and Jim Beam. In Maine they call that a "county girl" or an "angry Mainer".

6. jmrtnko

jmrtnko Familiar Face

If it was The Cicada in downtown LA, then yes they most definitely leave out the fruit salad.

Just finished off a Pegu Club. How was everyone's holiday? Any new bar tools or bottles?

7. You mean the garbage.:):p

8. Lady Day

Lady Day I'll Lock Up Bartender

Most definitely. The bartender there, Maxx, knows exactly how to make a mean (classic) Old Fashioned.

LD

9. Danny Ocean

Danny Ocean A-List Customer

Boxing Day: In the afternoon, hot buttered rum, on Brighton Beach. The "hot", and the "rum", were fine.....although the jury is still out on the "buttered" part! In the evening, a couple of "French 75's", which were very nice, followed by Bowmore single malt whiskies. :)

Danny O

10. Ages ago in a comedy this young lady goes to a ski resort and after a day of skiing goes to the bar and is introduced to Hot Buttered Rum drinks. After having a few she returns to the room where her friend is laid up with an injury. Her comment is while bumping off furniture: "I had 6 hot buttered rums! Not only am I drunk, I'm greasy!"

11. Wally_Hood

Wally_Hood One Too Many

It's been several evenings of whisky sours or Old Fashioneds, and last night the visiting in-laws enjoyed mojitos made from mint from the backyard mint plant, limes from the lime bush in the side yard, simple syrup handcrafted by Mrs. Hood, and Bacardi. I sipped a Manhattan.

12. CopperNY

CopperNY A-List Customer

Hoegaarden ale w/ dinner.

before bed was a posset of hot milk, dark rum, a little oatmeal, nutmeg/allspice/cinnamon. instant "zzzzzz.....". :)

13. Ethan Bentley

Ethan Bentley One Too Many

Sounds good to me, I've had a couple of Dark "N" Stormy's and an Alexander, made with Vodka instead of Gin.

14. Ethan Bentley

With a day off, I've enjoyed some Millionaire's Cocktails & a Bink's Brandy Alexander I and a Bink's Brandy Alexander II.

15. With the Absinthe and all?:D:p

16. Ethan Bentley

The only absinthe was in the Sazerac (just a rinse). I've written a little something on Millionaire's Cocktails as some were quite nice, especially the Gimlet & Sidecar. Mrs. B and I shared the drinks before us which is why I can still write the next morning.

17. lol :p
    It ended up pretty much as I figured it would. I am not that hot on the Gimlet so I'll take your word for it. :D

18. Wally_Hood

Wally_Hood One Too Many

Earlier in the evening, some end of the Christmas season eggnog spiked with peppermint schapps. Then, much later on, single malt scotch on the rocks.

19. Nice selection. I'll be over in twenty minutes.:p;)

20. Miss Golightly

Miss Golightly Call Me a Cab

Mateus (my favourite rose) followed by Bailey's on the rocks....