What Did You Drink Last Night?

Discussion in 'The Connoisseur' started by kiltie, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Pack the beer too. :p

2. AtomicEraTom

AtomicEraTom

I'm sure my supervisor would love seeing me chugging back on a Blatz in the break room.

3. :rofl: Yeah, that job wouldn't last too long. :p

4. Sam Diamond

Sam Diamond Familiar Face

Just picked up a bottle of Angels Envy bourbon, it's finished in a sherry cask. Quite nice.

5. It was a weekend of drinking.... and who wouldn't imbibe after the day spent at Disneyland with three kids? Not me lol

Appletinis, Jack and Diets and Greyhounds.... three different nights of course :p

6. storman113

storman113 Familiar Face

I travel a lot on my motorcycle and you diffidently can't drink and ride a bike. But once landed in a camp ground or motel it's nice to kick back and think about the day with a nice one. So last nite I had some Wild Turkey 101 over ice. I pick the Turkey as it can be had in a plastic "traveler" bottle which fits well for packing. The only others I know of are Old Crow, not for me, or Jim Beam which is good for mixing. But when on the road I like any treats I can get!

Been to D Land with the little ones! Wish I had some Turkey then!!!

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  7. All chick drinks I see. :p And a Greyhound?! Ewwwwwww.... :p

8. So you understand :D

Oh shu-up James :p

9. :p :rofl:

10. Delthayre

Delthayre One of the Regulars

I've had the most acute bout of good news lately and so I bought a bottle of Lagavulin 16-year to celebrate and loved it. I costs enough that I can't keep loving it, but it hit the spot for the special moment.

I also got a bottle of Mount Gay Extra Old rum. I don't know much about rum, but it's pretty good. Drinking it is slightly like drinking scotch; no smokiness, of course, but it has a broadly similar strong, full taste.

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  11. Sefton

Sefton Call Me a Cab

Gin and Tonic. Plymouth gin and a splash of Fever Tree tonic water. Add ice and repeat as needed. I expect to need it in about
    another thirty minutes or so...

12. Lagavulin is indeed good. You can certainly find more reasonable choices though. McClleland's offereings are reasonable and you get to choose what region you want to buy. Looks like you would enjoy their Islay. :p

13. m_luvsartdeco

m_luvsartdeco One of the Regulars

Jim Beam on the rocks (instead of my usual Jack Daniels ) and listening to the 1920s radio network :)

14. Touchofevil

Touchofevil

Angry Orchard Hard Cider Crisp Apple

15. Last night...... Homemade Egyptian beer. Tasted like cider.

16. :eeek:
    The true ancient Egyptian beer is strong and has quite a bit of sediment in it. They made some up from the old recipe they found. It is more like a Mead than beers with all the honey and spices etc though.:p

17. It was strong and had honey and spices and sediment, but it still tasted like cider to me [huh]

18. :rofl: He must have found the ancient recipe online. :p

19. Miss Golightly

Miss Golightly Call Me a Cab

Oyster Bay Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc

20. Who knows.... lol