What did you get for Christmas?

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by Justin B, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Justin B

Justin B One Too Many

So, the gifts have all been unwrapped, the stockings emptied. What did everyone get this year?

I didn't get much, My Mom gave me my Granddad's old .22 lever rifle I learned to shoot with, and my sis gave me a book "Williams Shakespears Star Wars".

2. Luftwaffles

Luftwaffles One of the Regulars

Uh... a gray three piece with peak lapels, a new pocket watch, some shirts and ties, three fedoras, $120, and love from my boyfriend.
    Not a bad haul :D

3. gear-guy

gear-guy Practically Family

20131221_114045.jpg

My granddaughters first Christmas visit, after that didn't really care about anything else.

4. Nobert

Nobert Practically Family

Some chocolate bears, a striped bowtie made of Irish linen, and two British Lego Dr. Who figurines. And money.

5. cchgn

cchgn One of the Regulars

3 silk suspenders- blue, burgundy and brown; 5 Scott barber shirts and a pair of Allen Edmond brown wingtip shoes; several ties and Argyle socks.

6. Atticus Finch

Atticus Finch Call Me a Cab

I got an Eddie Lacy home jersey...Santa purchased it from the Packers Pro Shop...and I got a collection of Aldo Leopold's heretofore unpublished essays.

[​IMG]

AF

7. Gregg Axley

Gregg Axley I'll Lock Up

Really nice massager for the chair, a few dress shirts, a sweater vest, and steel toe Rockports for work.
    One shirt and the vest, and the shoes I bought myself, it's easier to shop that way, and then tell my wife how much she owes me. :D

8. sheeplady

sheeplady I'll Lock Up Bartender

A set of chewbeads (http://www.chewbeads.com/), some baby safe ink (to do handprints and footprints with), an automatic soap dispenser, and a camera flash (SD) card. My favorite thing is the chewbeads.

My daughter got a first baby's christmas ornament, some wooden ornaments to fingerpaint, and a small train that goes around the tree. Gifts from extended family and friends included a toy telephone, a stuffed animal, a baby doll, and several new-to-her outfits.

My husband got a small notebook, an our christmas together ornament, a finger painted ornament, and a ceramic house for our village (a yearly tradition).

A very good christmas.

9. fashion frank

fashion frank One Too Many

10. Touchofevil

Touchofevil

Makes me want to move to R.I. and buy me such a house at those prices.
    :D

11. dh66

dh66

A new house!!!
    I got a new pendleton shirt, in a plaid pattern from their 1954 catalog, and I thought I was excited. ;)
    Congrats Frank!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

12. TOuten2

TOuten2 Familiar Face

My lovely bride gave me an Akubra Stylemaster in Carbon Gray, along with some twill shirts. I helped her with the Stylemaster.

Tim

13. Lily Powers

Lily Powers Practically Family

Well, if I may speak Frankly (heh heh), that's an absolutely charming home!! It sure seems to have retained much of its 1925 charm and is just waiting to be enjoyed by you.

My Christmas was a bit more pocket-sized: bakelite dress clip and a 1920's choker.

14. fashion frank

T.O.E. it was actually $180 not $190 as that was the first offer I made to the seller and he didnot even counter so I was very happy with that !
    My house is the smaller of the houses on this street, if you do the goole map birds eye view and look up and down the street you will see that most of the houses are just plain huge compared to mine but Im good with that because I went from 14 hundred square feet to 21 hundred :eek:

All the Best, Fashion Frank
    BTW I hope you had a very Merry Christmass and I always enjoy talking with you !

Christmass dinner in the new home .[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  15. Luftwaffles

Luftwaffles One of the Regulars

Relating to my previous post, here's Harrison and I enjoying Christmas eve.
    20130831_183920.jpg
    I hate my smile :c

16. fashion frank

WOW three fedora's you must have really been a good boy this year:eusa_clap
    All the Best ,Fashion Frank

17. Harp

Harp I'll Lock Up

18. Touchofevil

Touchofevil

More house also means more to dust and to clean. It is a beautiful house in what looks to be a beautiful area; you and yours are quite lucky.

And thank you for the well wishes. I enjoy conversing with you as well. We had a great Christmas and are still enjoying the holiday season.
    :D

19. LoveMyHats2

LoveMyHats2 I’ll Lock Up.

That one right there looks sweeter than a whole box of caramels!

20. LoveMyHats2

LoveMyHats2 I’ll Lock Up.

Nice home, table and it appears a turkey or large cooked bird sitting there! I also note someone must have had a really nice bottle of spirits for all you to consume, I know I may be totally wrong and advanced this now as an apology if I am utterly wrong...but you see no one in that picture, everyone must have been enjoying some good drink in the other room, perhaps?