What film is it?

Discussion in 'The Moving Picture' started by gobler, Apr 22, 2005.

1. gobler

gobler One of the Regulars

Hello all, I am trying to remember the title of a film I saw a while ago. First it is NOT the 42 film Flying Tigers staring the Duke. The basic plot: The main character, who loves to fly, joins the Air Force after Pearl Harbor. He flies cargo to china to where the Flying Tigers are stationed. After several losses of the group he is able to join the Flying Tiger unit and quickly becomes an ACE. The film even explains the Blood Patch. I liked this film and for the life of me cannot remember the title. Does any one know???

:cheers1:
    Jeff

2. wackyvorlon

wackyvorlon One of the Regulars

Who does it star?

3. gobler

I have no idea. I've been wracking my brains to remember any actor. I know I have seen them before though.

Jeff

4. BellyTank

BellyTank I'll Lock Up

Here's a few names, I can't recall any others beyond what you mentioned-

China's Little Devils (1945)

God Is My Co-pilot (1943)

The Sky's the Limit (RKO, 1942) probably not this one, I think it's a musical!

B
    T

5. gobler

God Is My Co-pilot! That's it Tank!! :) For some reason I thought it was after Pearl but I was wrong. This is definitely the film. Now to see if I can rent/buy it. Wow, thank you kind sir. This is one of the many reasons why I love this forum, the vast knowledge pool is staggering not to mention the great folks.

:cheers1:
    Jeff

6. BellyTank

BellyTank I'll Lock Up

Thanks-
    ...that and about 10 seconds of Googling :p

B
    T

7. The Wingnut

The Wingnut One Too Many

That's the story of Robert L. Scott...who incidentally is still alive and kicking....he currently lives in Reno, NV. Read the book, it's incredible, and if you can find it, he wrote another autobiography in the '90s.

8. Fuente

Fuente Familiar Face

Definitly not The Skies The Limit

One of my favorite Fred Astaire movies, not a "musical" but does have a few a few great muscal numbers like "One more for the road" aka "It's quarter to 3"

Rich :cool2: