Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

What hat are you waiting for today?

SteveFord

A-List Customer
You know what they say, you are what you is.
album.jpg

belfastboy

I'll Lock Up
Stephen Temkin is ready to trim a Londoner that I've been eagerly awaiting for a while to wear on weekends and off hours in cooler months as a 'town hat'. He sent me several choices for a ribbon; I ultimately chose a 20 ligne dusk one, which is what I expected to from the start, but I found seeing alternatives helpful.

View attachment 212482
I have two of Stephen's creations, one of them a Londoner in Natural. He makes an amazing hat. The last time I checked the wait was over 12 months. He was a student of Art Fawcett's in his beginnings.

Delthayre

One of the Regulars
I have two of Stephen's creations, one of them a Londoner in Natural. He makes an amazing hat. The last time I checked the wait was over 12 months. He was a student of Art Fawcett's in his beginnings.

This will be my fifth hat by him... of six or perhaps seven planned. They've run from a big black homburg in his Venetian finish that I've only worn half a dozen times to a grey stroller in his Angora finish that I've worn on every winter or fall trip and weekend since I got it. I find him most interesting for his brim treatments and sense of style that feels distinct, but not merely contemporary. He's also very pleasant to deal with in correspondence while developing a hat.

My next hat is going to be a navy Phoenix it is currently being constructed by Rick.
I am going tone on tone on this one. I am always drawn to hats that are matching ribbon and felt but I have so far wound up ordering ones with at least some contrast.
View attachment 213275

The nice part is there isn’t a bad choice there. Looking forward to seeing the completed hat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cofan