Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

What hat are you waiting for today?

This should get someone's attention over here.
ba04.jpeg
loc04.jpeg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
This should get someone's attention over here.
View attachment 435947View attachment 435948
You are not wrong, Stefan. Metric is not a mode of measure that I can take to, but with US & UK hat sizes differing, I find that a metric 62cm a perfect fit. I don't know if that 62 that you are showing with an imperial seven & a half is US or UK, if was UK it would definitely be, seven and three quarters.

In the meantime I am stepping out of my fedora comfort zone and hoping to buy a vintage Yorks Boater, circa 1950's. It's in fair condition for it's vintage. Sturdy and clean a good sweatband and I love the hat ribbon & crest. There is some staining and slight damage to the brim at the back, but not that noticeable.
Photos to follow.
Check out the blazer thread to see what I intend to team it up with.

You are not wrong, Stefan. Metric is not a mode of measure that I can take to, but with US & UK hat sizes differing, I find that a metric 62cm a perfect fit. I don't know if that 62 that you are showing with an imperial seven & a half is US or UK, if was UK it would definitely be, seven and three quarters.

In the meantime I am stepping out of my fedora comfort zone and hoping to buy a vintage Yorks Boater, circa 1950's. It's in fair condition for it's vintage. Sturdy and clean a good sweatband and I love the hat ribbon & crest. There is some staining and slight damage to the brim at the back, but not that noticeable.
Photos to follow.
Check out the blazer thread to see what I intend to team it up with.
I had forgotten you were a size 62 as well, Robert. Shame on me. The size 7 1/2 is neither UK nor US, but the French sizing. I think you'd wear a boater very well, but I can see wearing one would take some getting used to without being self-conscious.

M Hatman

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Brent. Looks like it will be more like 7-1/4 to 7-3/8.
Yes, I was interested too and asked for the measurements.....they added those two photos......I figured I already hat way to many smallish hats.......:confused:

But I did end up with this as a sort of consolation prize......
img (7).jpeg

:)

Last edited: