What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Discussion in 'Hats' started by AlanC, Jun 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RBH

RBH Bartender

That is just too cool MS !
    Now get one with one of your thin ribbons!!!

2. Short Balding Guy

Short Balding Guy I'll Lock Up

Wore a vtg. Stetson Stratoliner silverbelly in the aft. completing yard chores. This new (to me) needs some TLC. Perhaps later this weekend.

[​IMG]

Still wearing my VS Wanderer (dove) while posting this from the boathouse.

[​IMG]

-Eric -

3. bowlerman

bowlerman I'll Lock Up

Everyone looks great today. And a huge congratulations, Jared! That's such great news.

I wore the 25 again today. The felt is kinda sublime, and I put a teardrop in it to tone its presence down a bit.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

4. seabass

seabass Call Me a Cab

Double Fantastic !

5. Geldoc

Geldoc One of the Regulars

Congratulations, Jared! What was the title of your thesis?

6. Chinaski

Chinaski One Too Many

Some excellent hats gentlemen! Just a question for Michaelshane - I would love to hear some more information about the last two hats you posted in this thread. Both are quite interesting and not immediately readily identifiable. Thanks for anything you'd care to share.

7. Michaelshane

Michaelshane One Too Many

A few years ago I bought two Rogers Peet Montecristi's.They both came in this box.There was an order invoice inside dated 1933.The hats are very fragile and brittle now,so I don't wear them very often.They were very high end hats in their day.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. jlee562

jlee562 I'll Lock Up

Thank you kind gentlemen! It's been a very long process, but a big weight has just been lifted off my shoulders. Well, until both of my advisers started saying I should look into a PhD program.:eeek:

Parents were very proud, my brother got his MBA last year so I had to keep up at least ;) Dad bought sushi tonight, so can't complain.

Geldoc, the title was "Mutually Reinforcing Narrative Identities in Post Cold War US-Cuba Relations." Which is the fancy-schmancy way of saying that the Miami Cuban-American population influences foreign policy. Ended up at 172 pages.

And on today's hats:
    Eric: Both those hats are great, but I really like the ribbon combination on that Wanderer. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, given Art's body of work.
    David: Nice trio. The new Newt has great proportions for you.
    Michael Shane: Looks like a nice tight weave on that one too, cool hat!
    Robert: sharp Mallory, a real shame they don't make straws like they used to.
    HatsRme: Oh, so you got one of those NOS Cav bodies? I really like that ribbon.
    Alan: very unique Boater!
    Sam: I've actually got a bit of jealousy over that one. The felt on that one is just a really great color.

9. Chinaski

Chinaski One Too Many

Okay, and how about the Stetson? And thanks for the backstory on the Rogers Peet hats. It's too bad they've gone a bit brittle. I wonder if they could be slowly re-humidified?

10. randooch

randooch I'll Lock Up

A late congratulations to you, Jared! Are you considering a foray into politics?

11. Short Balding Guy

The temp just reached 60'F when the dogs and I headed out at 7:00am for a walk. Absoluetly a terrific summer morning. Wearing a fav Pendleton Board shirt and a fav 50's Adam Executive.

[​IMG]

I am providing an additional pic so as not to dash any expectations of my fedora pics with a flowering Hydrangea. The display of color of this years Hydrangeas top the recent years. The lack of typical blue in the blossoms is from the small amounts of aluminum in our soil.

So as no dashed expectations this morning here is the pic.

[​IMG]

Best, Eric -

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  12. DJH

DJH I'll Lock Up

Very nice hats, Michaelshane and Eric.

Randall, I think I neglected to comment on the super photo (the same old one) from the other day - fantastic image.

This morning I had to pick up some furnature for my sister in law over in Vermont. Pearl the Boston Terrier and I were trucking in my friend's retro Chevvy truck.

The cap is recently acquired from Simonds.

[​IMG]

13. Chepstow

Chepstow I'll Lock Up

Sam, Charlie, Michael, Eric, Alan, David, Robert, TJ and Jared!
    I am late today, but not to late to see, what for fantastic hats you have worn! Fantastic selection, my friends!

Jared, my congratulation! You can be proud!

14. g.durand

g.durand One Too Many

Eric--some great hats to end the day yesterday and begin the day today. The Executive is a favorite of mine, too.

David--great pic, the Simonds looks good, doesn't Pearl need a cap, too? ;)

Jared--congrats on the advanced degree, and a worthy thesis topic, too. A subject I've been interested in over the years, myself. And nice Milan, too, by the way.

Michaelshane--very nice portrait with the Rogers Peet. Beautiful hat.

Going back to yesterday--

hatophile--can't go wrong with an OR. I just picked up my first one yesterday, similar color. Pics pending.

gt--a Kangaroo Beaver..now there's something for the imagination.

TJones--nice work on the conversion.

rlk--the Mallory Ten Milan--a sublime beauty.

David--a nice trio yesterday.

case--you have such a unique collection. That Portis takes it to another level.

Alan--another gem in the most eclectic collection seen here.

hatsRme--No question our hobby qualifies us for the "Nuts" category, don't you think?

15. Short Balding Guy

Early afternoon and I am home to shower and change. This morning brought me to the St. Paul Farmer's Market. I assisted a buddy setting up to play some acoustic blues. The appointed space was between a couple of vendors trucks. Crazy space!

[​IMG]

VS Wanderer in granite color is washed out from the bright sunlight in this pic. I did not make a lot of time for pics.

[​IMG]

Dan's vintage Stetson is an authentic bluesman's hat. The authenticity comes from the road travels and toil of an everyday gigging muscian.

I have not had enough of music today. Best, Eric -

16. g.durand

g.durand One Too Many

Mallory Twenty
    [​IMG]

17. Chepstow

Chepstow I'll Lock Up

Two dream hat's Eric and g~durand. Truly beautiful!

18. Garrett

Garrett My Mail is Forwarded Here

Stunning Mallory, durand :eusa_clap

19. Dan Allen

Dan Allen A-List Customer

congradulations Jared, what do you plan on doing with your education? If you have it in you, I would get as much of it as I could before you get a sever case of "life" and all the responsibilities that come with it.

20. T Jones

T Jones I'll Lock Up

Good evening Gents! What a wonderful collection of lids! g.durand, the Mallory Twenty is a real class act! I love that hat!...Lovin' the VS Wanderer SBG!...

Not even the ER can separate a man and his OSU football hat!...Go Bucks!

View attachment 3579

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.