What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Discussion in 'Hats' started by AlanC, Jun 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmbarnes

mmbarnes I'll Lock Up

Zombie_61, Redfokker and Bob Roberts like this.
  2. Lord Stirling

Lord Stirling Familiar Face

Vintage Knox with a feather courtesy of my Fancy Green Cheek Conure, Loki! [emoji1360] I tend to get a lot of love for this hat when I'm out and about. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

Not to mention the ponchos.

(sigh) the Stetsonian was closer to 9 mos., actually. But you and I love our Stetsonians now, don't we? I relished dropping that first Gannon. That was fun!

Rainy, cold, drizzly, slushy, about to get re-iced. What else?
    Camp.
    Draft.

Picture1.jpg Picture2.jpg

4. EstherWeis

EstherWeis Vendor

Thank you Celia!

Celia likes this.
  5. Joao Encarnado

Joao Encarnado I'll Lock Up

Yes it is ;)

6. Bob Roberts

Bob Roberts I'll Lock Up

Yes we love the Stetsonians. Love yers more then mine...

Zombie_61, Redfokker and Frunobulax like this.
  7. Bob Roberts

Bob Roberts I'll Lock Up

Thank you! The body was never made into a hat Matt. The raw capeline (sp?) was H Hendler & Sons Inc. They called it a "Temple 1"
    Possibly manufactured in the early 50's...? Once the body was cut back to make a 3 inch brim and before the headliner and sweatband were added it weighed only 2.2 ounces. Its a very tissue thin lightweight body.

8. moehawk

moehawk I'll Lock Up

Hey peeps!
    Such a pleasure it is to be in the company of such well-hatted folks. Also quite a kick to be amongst a group that doesn't think an adult (technically) with a rubber chicken is a bad thing. I firmly believe that this world would benefit greatly from at least a 21% increase in daily silliness.
    As I have long ago misplaced my own latex leghorn, all I have to offer is this old duck.

40's Dobbs Game Bird

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Now go forth, all, and commit some harmless tomfoolery!
    And have a great day whilst doing it.:)

johnnycanuck, jackm, 40Cal and 25 others like this.
  9. Wesslyn

Wesslyn Practically Family

Cold and snowy! Early 50s Dobbs Twenty homburg today.
    2016-12-17 15.27.38.jpg

johnnycanuck, jackm, 40Cal and 24 others like this.
  10. Rogera

Rogera My Mail is Forwarded Here

Giving my Adventurebilt a little head time today.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

johnnycanuck, jackm, Chamuco and 23 others like this.
  11. Sonero

Sonero Practically Family

The last of my NorthWest Purchases. I was originally expecting this hat to be a shade of charcoal darker than what I received. Almost heather black to be exact. Then my idea was to put a black bow on top of it so it popped just a little bit from the hat color. Unfortunately that is not what I received. I also think the crown is too high which gives off a cartoonish look a la Porky Pig in a Gangster Suit. Anyway I kept it because I hate going to the Post Office.

NorthWest Hats ( lets call it carbon grey with a black bow ) Stafford JC Penney Suit ( LOVE THESE SUITS ! Best Deal In Town) Gucci EyeGlasses / Givenchy Sunglasses)

Photo on 12-17-16 at 1.46 PM #2.jpg Photo on 12-17-16 at 1.46 PM #3.jpg Photo on 12-17-16 at 1.45 PM.jpg Photo on 12-17-16 at 1.45 PM #2.jpg Photo on 12-17-16 at 1.45 PM #3.jpg Photo on 12-17-16 at 1.46 PM.jpg

12. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

I think the crown height/dimensions look great, Sonero. But you van always drop the crease a bit for a lower profile.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

13. Celia

Celia A-List Customer

I think it looks really good too @Sonero , looks good with the glasses as well. You probably just need to get used to the look of the higher crown because it's not what you normally wear. That bow is really nice too...

14. Daniele Tanto

Daniele Tanto My Mail is Forwarded Here

John a really nice Dobbs Game Bird.
    It seems springtime and the your combo suits you well.

Fantastic combination under the snow!
    Coat and homburg are an excellent marriage! Also the tie is quite well :rolleyes:

Dlaniger, Celia, Zombie_61 and 4 others like this.
  15. Sonero

Sonero Practically Family

Have you seriously considered getting a portfolio together and marketing yourself as a model ? Day in day out you never cease to amaze me.

Where does your inspiration come from ? I love seeing what you put together.

jackm, Dlaniger, Celia and 6 others like this.
  16. Kuki

Kuki One of the Regulars

What an awesome tie!! I love the fabric!! Anyone else has garments featuring hats?

17. Kuki

Kuki One of the Regulars

Thank you for these links!!

mayserwegener likes this.
  18. Chamuco

Chamuco I'll Lock Up

Anything that hides my face looks good on me Matt !!! [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

19. Michael A

Michael A I'll Lock Up

Thanks Sonero. I like your new hats. Very nice. Not sure about the inspiration.

I don't have any. But I do like the tie.

Michael

Zombie_61, Redfokker and Sonero like this.
  20. Kuki

Kuki One of the Regulars

Well Thank you very much!! :)

The material is fake persian lamb (astrakhan), it's like a half beret, something quite strange but looks nice, made from a vintage pattern.
    I'm pretty sure they notice, you look to good not to!!

Vintage french grosgrain does indeed swirl great. I have a ribbon disk from MB and it does make life easier.
    Today's hat is indeed Astrakhan (not real).

Michael, again you do not disappoint, I love the bold colors!! Then the two extra "green" looks?! That's just showing off!!! Awesome!

Wonderful look, sober but with a touch of fancy with that ribbon! Buon Sabato anche a te!

I thought as much, stiff felts must have been a pain in the... head. No wonder comfort won.

Interesting to know about the ribbons, I love the bolder combinations!
    Gracias, me alegro que te haya gustado mi sombrero del sábado!!

Thanks Red! I can neither confirm nor deny that I had a period of madness that led to a collection of hundreds of 30's-50's American brooches, such creativity!! I was even in an episode of UK's Antiques Roadshow a few years ago :)

Love the hat, looking elegant!!

It was a sad moment in history, the amount of Paradise birds that were killed to be mounted on hats! I didn't know George Bernhard Shaw's letter, wonderful!
    Check out this little film from the Rijksmuseum Accesorize online exhibition:
    https://www.rijksmuseum.nl/formats/accessoires/index.jsp?animationId=bont_veer&lang=EN

Sonero, I do like the way it looks on you, not at all cartoonish, but you're the one who has to like it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.