Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddyJ

One of the Regulars
My favorite ball cap - A white cap with the blue embroidered logo of the Society of Automotive Engineers. It was once white but is now stained with grease, grime, and sweat after many hard hours working on cars. I spent 4 years in college working with SAE building race cars for their Formula SAE program, competing in Detroit against schools from around the world. As a Journalism student, I caught a lot of flack from engineers and had to prove my worth. My final year in the program, the brake system I helped design and fabricate took first place, beating out such top schools as MIT, Leeds, Cornell, UTA, and Wollongong. So I earned my hat, and I wear it with pride despite it's look.

duggap

Banned
Alan, I have emailed two pictures of my Tropic Aire to Panama Bob and I believe he will post them for me. If not and someone wants to volunteer I can email them pictures to post on my behalf. I am trying.:eusa_doh:

Razzman

One Too Many
Today's straw!

Today I'm wearing an Alexander supreme quality straw hat. It's a stingy brim only 2" with a 2" pugaree ribbon.

a>

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
My very bright fuschia B!Wear linen cap, because it matches some of the colors in the Hawaiian shirt I am wearing.

I plan to sit out on the porch and drink ice tea. It is hot here.

karol

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I envy all you guys....

I have to echo BuddyJ here.....because of the job I have, I pretty much have to wear a Ballcap to work everyday, then keep it in a locker. While @ work, I have to wear a "Bump Cap" all day, then back to the Ballcap @ the end of the day to go home. So, it's pretty boring,but this time of year I do wear my Vintage Cubs Cap. So, I don't feel too left out. [huh]

Cubs001.jpg

back side........
Cubs002.jpg

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RBH said:
Thanks Benny, these panamas are the best to work with. They are really worth more than what we have to pay for them.

Is that your Akubra in your avatar? Cool hat!

Thanks pal. It's one of my Akubras, a mid-grey one with a custom black band. The fawn one I wore yesterday was identical except for colour.

Today I'm wearing my latest acquisition, a very light grey early 50s Champ courtesy of Marc Chevalier's Ebay sell-off. I took some photos the other night and will post them soon. I love that hat!

metropd

One Too Many
ART FACWETT and GARY WHITE the best fedoras money could buy.

What hat am I wearing today the same hat I wear every day(also in my avatar) an...........
Art Facwett's 100% Winchester beaver fedora with a 40's Stetson Wippet light to mid -grey color and a teardrop block with a Bogart pinch in the front (but with alonger deeper extended side pinch then in Casablanca) and a 2 11/16 raw edge brim. Also a 2 inch black vintage rayon and wood pulp band, with a squarish front crown with a side profile of 4 inches towards the back as it perpetually slopes higher to 4 3/8 at the highest side profile. Its been soked in the sink accidentley and the water did not even penetrate the surface.:eusa_clap Then I got a grass stain and what bonkers crazy.... so I dabbed it with water and it came right out, UNBELIEVABLE!!

I also HIGHLY HIGHLY suggest if you want to spend about $450 BUY A GARY WHITE CUSTOM HATTER HAT IT BLOWS OPTIMO OUT OF THE WATER! He has a super light weight Beaver body comming out in almost 30's colors! Mr. White in a genious and a great honest man who exceeds the paragon of hatters just like our own Art Facwett.;)

riccardo

Practically Family
Hot Sicily...

Good day,
here we are at 41¬?C the sun would burn our hair...if I had!!!
I'm wearing my marvellious ENGLISH OPTIMO MONTECRISTI from PB/ART...
it is so cool that I need a vestlol lol !

Best regards.
Riccardo

metropd

One Too Many
Flieger said:
Midsummer's eve here in Sweden. Dancing around the May-pole, Aquavit is flowing, things like that. Flieger is wearing his Pachacuti Brisa Panama.

Midsummer07.jpg

/F

That looks great, every thing works really well together especially that hat, you really pull of that wide brim! Post this in the "men of the lounge forum" and watch the women have a Mid Summer Nights Dream.....:rolleyes:

Jerekson

One Too Many
I'm about to go across the street and help the neighbors with some remodeling work, so I'll be wearing my Akubra.
It's been a while since it's seen much dirt and dust :p
Akubra_9.png

Later tonight I'll probably be going out, so I'll switch over to my Jaxon.
Jaxon_10.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ