Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
On this merry Monday, I'm going with one of the Vita-Felt homburgs.
IMG_20170206_075755-picsay.jpg
IMG_20170206_075759-picsay.jpg
IMG_20170206_075516-picsay.jpg
IMG_20170206_075528-picsay.jpg

And because sunshine...
IMG_20170206_075444-picsay.jpg

A happy day to all!

Last edited:
Wilson???

Wilson from next door to Dennis (the menace) Mitchell, perhaps!! Too funny, Serge!

And then I had to update my contemporary culture knowledge (slightly embarrassing since I was big into the scene as a younger person, but I'm beyond embarrassment now) by Googoo'ing "Fame" for pictures this morning. Thanks, Serge; I could have been a contender!! I wish.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
So, I read the paper (especially the story in the lower part of the front page) under a 1940s Stetsonian, my celebratory hat.
View attachment 66848 View attachment 66849 View attachment 66850 View attachment 66851

The first game I've watch (some of it, anyway) this season. Fair weather watcher, I am!
That is a regal hat to celebrate an amazing win.

I was pulling for the Falcons. I love to see the underdog prevail and long downtrodden franchises make good. Like when the Rams and Saints made good years back...

By the end of the game, I accepted the fact that Tom Brady is, in my opinion, the best quarterback to ever play the game. And the entire Patriots organization... simply stellar.

Although I have long despised Brady (for irrational, visceral reasons [are there any other kinds, when it comes to a game?]), I chose my hat today in his and the Patriots' honor. I figure that the golden hue to the ribbon befits royalty.

He's the king. I humbly concede the point.

Congrats to all those buoyed by the win. And for those not too happy about it... Those Falcons are a force to be reckoned with. What a team!

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
Wilson from next door to Dennis (the menace) Mitchell, perhaps!! Too funny, Serge!

And then I had to update my contemporary culture knowledge (slightly embarrassing since I was big into the scene as a younger person, but I'm beyond embarrassment now) by Googoo'ing "Fame" for pictures this morning. Thanks, Serge; I could have been a contender!! I wish.

Yeah, me too. I coulda been somebody instead of a bum.

I was thinking of this Wilson:
42116396874f87a85a214b72b1ebca19.jpg

From the tv series Home Improvement. Your hats are way better by the way.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
@mmbarnes, it does make it easier to deal with folks around these parts for the next few days...

Other than that, NO effect on my life whatsoever.

I hear you. Games be games... life be life. Though I must confess that I always enjoyed the contact buzz from the mass regional happiness back when I lived in DC and the Redskins were a powerhouse.

Funny how the results of a game can make folks nicer for a while. That seems kind of sad to me too in a way...

That's it for my off-topic blathering (I'll blather about something else off-topic later). ;)

Be well and enjoy.

Yeah, me too. I coulda been somebody instead of a bum.

I was thinking of this Wilson:
42116396874f87a85a214b72b1ebca19.jpg

From the tv series Home Improvement. Your hats are way better by the way.

Thank you, Serge!! I was just showing my advanced AGE.
There were several versions of the beleaguered Mr. Wilson in the various cartoon, TV, and movie versions of one of my favorite characters, Dennis The Menace. If you've known any boys at about 5 years of age, they're a Dennis...

Some Mr. Wilsons (couldn't find one with a hat, but I remember him wearing one).
513LEegY2+L__SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg 9031c7085670a5cfca1299ba6b4de009.jpg d793cd6cb70632c98ffa1715c9932a30.jpg
A typical Dennnis line Dennis.jpg
mr_wilson_with_type_.gif untitled.png
Dennis was my HERO.

Mmmmmmm, The Stockyards, steak....I've got to get back to Ft. Worth.

Great Stetson!

Same here. I'm jonesing from missing my yearly trek there this year. Love that town.

On this merry Monday, I'm going with one of the Vita-Felt homburgs.

And because sunshine... View attachment 66847

A happy day to all!

And because you sport a Hommie with the best of 'em, Matt. Happy Monday!

So, I read the paper (especially the story in the lower part of the front page) under a 1940s Stetsonian, my celebratory hat.

The first game I've watch (some of it, anyway) this season. Fair weather watcher, I am!

I caught the last eight minutes of regular time, but repaired to my chambers and didn't stick around for overtime. Good game, though. Better than some of the snooze-fests they call Super Bowls.

With the temperature heading to 80F today, time for my Peters Bros Milan

Cheers!
David

I'm looking forward to the Spring day I can dig mine back out. I love mine (and yours ain't too shabby, either!).

I hear you. Games be games... life be life. Though I must confess that I always enjoyed the contact buzz from the mass regional happiness back when I lived in DC and the Redskins were a powerhouse.

Funny how the results of a game can make folks nicer for a while. That seems kind of sad to me too in a way...

That's it for my off-topic blathering (I'll blather about something else off-topic later). ;)

Be well and enjoy.

Pitchers & Catchers in ONE WEEK!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana