Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be hitting 100 degrees + over the next few days. First day back at work after vacation, meh. Cavanagh straw is the lightest hat I have for the weather. I'll find a proper Hawaiian to go with it.

1Aug17 Cav optimo.jpg
1Aug17 Cav optimo crown.jpg

40Cal

One Too Many
I really like the look of that hat! I'm discovering that these style hats are more to my liking.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Mid ribbon , wide brim,and raw edge .... and light weight too. My favorite style also Willebe. MB has one for sale on EBay right now if you are a 7 1/8? Brim is not quite as wide as mine but a great hat !

Willebe

A-List Customer
Mid ribbon , wide brim,and raw edge .... and light weight too. My favorite style also Willebe. MB has one for sale on EBay right now if you are a 7 1/8? Brim is not quite as wide as mine but a great hat !
Alas, I am a 7 1/2. That has been one of my hurdles. Finding the style in an acceptable size. Great looking lid.

Willebe

A-List Customer

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Were you wearing the hat in the shower?

Ha ha, I guess I should have added "to my door" on the shower comment. I found an email from FedEx after I dried off saying there should be a package sitting outside my door. I was debating wearing the straw into the shower though to test it's claim of being Weatherized.

The Park you visited yesterday looks like a fun place to see. And you had a great hat to accompany you.

Michael

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
It will be an heavy week, the humidity and the heat are increasing
Most of Italy is under the spell of an heat wave with degrees until 40-41 C° in the inland town like Florence
2yxlxfm.jpg

A pleasant walk in the morning with a panama made for PHD, the back home in the afternoon will be more tough
Thanks for all the likes you gave in the past week. I try to do my best to be on the FL parade, but sometimes summer rules!

blueAZNmonkey

One Too Many
went to the largest rag market in these parts today, not one vintage hat, went to the only high end hat store in the british west midlands, overpriced and understocked in 57cm hats. Mrs Crow bought me this Stetson Toyo as a consolation prize
View attachment 80851

Sorry about the disappointing shopping day. Antique malls out here in SoCal aren't too handy for vintage hats either.

Windsock8e

A-List Customer
went to the largest rag market in these parts today, not one vintage hat, went to the only high end hat store in the british west midlands, overpriced and understocked in 57cm hats. Mrs Crow bought me this Stetson Toyo as a consolation prize
View attachment 80851

Nice dimensions, nice hat!

If you are heading to London, you *may* score on Portobello Road, but it is somewhat overpriced for new stuff and random for the old hats. Covent Garden has a few vintage shops Rokit and another one off Neal Street and ask for felt hats and they may be hidden somewhere but they tend to be stingy brim, but you never know - they also have some randomly nice Hawaiian shirts.

If not, Camden or the various East London markets (Spitalfields and Brick Lane by Liverpool Street). You're probably now going to tell me you lived in London for x years and know all this [emoji16].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willebe

A-List Customer
Ha ha, I guess I should have added "to my door" on the shower comment. I found an email from FedEx after I dried off saying there should be a package sitting outside my door. I was debating wearing the straw into the shower though to test it's claim of being Weatherized.

The Park you visited yesterday looks like a fun place to see. And you had a great hat to accompany you.

Michael
Thanks, Michael for the comment and the clarification. [emoji3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui