Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockwater

A-List Customer
Welcome to another installment of Saturday morning deli shots

This week a 40s era Royal DeLuxe Turf Club

052346e33a3b1372c4b0f43b2e34c177.jpg

3d8526e16e9a261cb0bf7dd5ba9aeac0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nod if you think most of the side seam liners with the paper ID of the liner material are post war 40’s or before.
Great hat!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Nod if you think most of the side seam liners with the paper ID of the liner material are post war 40’s or before.
Great hat!
not sure I understand the question

this is a post war mid to late 40s hat

the seam theory is a loose one ... like most theories out there ...

I have early 40s hats and even 30s hats with a rear seam

Last edited:

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
It is good to see you guys on the other coast finally warming up for a while. That moss is really a great color.

Nice looking CD, bright and sunny for 63 degrees. That gift from your students is absolutely priceless. Had me smiling from ear to ear.

One of the best Birds on the lounge John. Love it.

I like the crown on these higher quality Modern Strats.

This is one of the finest black hats, looks good with a little dusting.

You will be turning heads for sure! This stunner is really growing on me.
Thanks Mike!

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
That Borsalino fits right in with that very stylish look. I like that vest. Everything looks toasty warm but your ankles.
Thanks Red. The vest is something from Woolrich, probably in the 80s. At 2 degrees it's hard to keep anything that isn't electrically heated toasty. But I'm comfy in everything but the coat while I'm sitting here watching a movie.

Michael

Thanks Red. My head survived, but with some lingering pain. Much better today.

Great looking 25 Richard. Do you know the color name of the felt?

Thanks steur. That does look like a tall crown. How tall does it measure?

Thanks Richard. I"m very keen on that suit too. While I was taking a quick look through my favorite thrift today I was highly complimented on the hat and clothes.

Thanks all for the likes and comments,
Michael
Michael, thanks. It's not that tall really. It measures only 10 cm at the pinch, but I think the sides are higher than my other hats, which makes it look this tall.

Really late to the party today (gotta finger out this tapatalk thingie!) Had a nice visit with Mike Miller today in Eugene. Picked up a sweet Knox for shipping to @steur along with some other gems. Mike re-sized and re-flanged the Hückel Chamois that I got from France at the end of summer. Wore my new Mallory XV down to show him. He thinks the brim binding might have been replaced early in this hat's life. Hand stitched, not sure if this would have come from the factory that way.
Mike has a pile of almost 100 custom orders sitting on his desk. He is a busy boy!

View attachment 101588 View attachment 101589 View attachment 101590
Am I mistaken or is there a steep curve upwards lately in the number of hats you collect, Mike?

Been under the weather the last couple of days. Must be the warm-up that's got me down.

Speaking of "weather"... This Weather Hat Company "Pikes Peak" homburg made by the late Art Henderson (I reckon in the '60s) in Colorado Springs, CO was on my doorstep this afternoon. It's a great piece of work.

I purchased the hat in an auction last March. I was a bit nervous about wearing the bold color and it had some condition issues, including what appeared to be dried glue spots on the brim that I couldn't do anything with. I sent the hat out to Bob at Black Sheep. He cleaned up the glue pretty darned well, blocked it, and gave it fresh trim and insides.

I am not dispeased with the results.

Now... Got some pages of hats to catch up on.

Enjoy.
22f5d16a6d8a12a9bfadd2a923976d60.jpg
058f259324225c19e5a8f3818f902143.jpg
c42eb2c852d392fb381fa3f993ed7c86.jpg
56ea19e9482f33f6c2164aa49346b710.jpg
135590492d544f69f857b88aa39edb38.jpg
6d5f62fbf12ee23e26ee83c805a5d0e0.jpg
I have to admit that this one is a bit too much for my taste, Matt. Valliant effort though!

Thanks Stefan, I try to do my best, but it is not easy.
However I believe that in the coming weeks I will try to make a mixture between Italian "every day hats" and French De Luxe and more humble hats. We'll see how the cocktail will be:rolleyes:
But you too, Stefan, get busy in the parade of unforgettable hats
I do my best, Daniele, thank you. And the Italian makers seem to have been on my side this week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21