Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
95a6fc31fb857ec3bae21241a76afa9a.jpg

#1 Stetson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Large and in charge Perry! You are really rocking that No.1

Love the Demon Jim. Have we looked into the Hoyt Hat Co.? Hmmmmm?

Thank you. The only history I've been able to find is what's in the Demon Hanover thread, based mostly off one newspaper article. I've never seen another Hoyt beyond the few DHs, no ads, nor other hat models.

Being in Danbury ("Hat City USA"), one would think there is something, but my Google-fu has been weak in this area.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
A joyous Monday to all! I can't keep pace with rate of fantastic hattery highlighted here, but here is my Monday morning Mallory, from about 1920!
View attachment 110239

ANOTHER "Nor 'Eastah" on it's way here, due in tomorrow. Still picking up from last week's weather, and this new one is predicted to be worse (or better, depending on your perspective) with about twice the snow as fell last week. Fine. We'll see what happens, and respond accordingly.
Sweet Mallory. Isn't that the one you are going to wear when we go on our tour with the Cravenettes?

Enjoy the additional snow.
Already some super lids this morning.Just back from Post Office sent a derby off to Texas.Put on my 5X Resistol Conv
aToE1C9.jpg
ersion
cC0cFTR.jpg
hrRFOp7.jpg
That's a great looking conversion. The color is fantastic.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Great looking lids this crisp morning. Never let a good thin ribbon go to waste. I just finished reblocking and reworking this Stagecoach conversion in Chestnut to a larger size. I found a two ply thin ribbon that matched it perfectly and used it. Clean and simple. It sports a tall straight crown with a 2 3/4 brim and a deep teardrop crease. I've been watching some old film noir movies where some had been wearing tall and straight crowned thin ribbons and I like the look.
The pictures don't seem to capture the color that well. I'll have more in the Conversion Corral after I get better pictures...

Chestnut_Stagecoach_Redo_9.jpg

Chestnut_Stagecoach_Redo_13.jpg

Chestnut_Stagecoach_Redo_5.jpg

Chestnut_Stagecoach_Redo_6.jpg

Great looking lids this crisp morning. Never let a good thin ribbon go to waste. I just finished reblocking and reworking this Stagecoach conversion in Chestnut to a larger size. I found a two ply thin ribbon that matched it perfectly and used it. Clean and simple. It sports a tall straight crown with a 2 3/4 brim and a deep teardrop crease. I've been watching some old film noir movies where some had been wearing tall and straight crowned thin ribbons and I like the look.
The pictures don't seem to capture the color that well. I'll have more in the Conversion Corral after I get better pictures...

Chestnut_Stagecoach_Redo_9.jpg

Chestnut_Stagecoach_Redo_13.jpg

Chestnut_Stagecoach_Redo_5.jpg

Chestnut_Stagecoach_Redo_6.jpg
Another great job Terry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk