Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
covet.jpg
Because Stefan has got hats worth coveting. He's also got Knox hats with pin stripe blazers. How I love a pin stripe with a fedora hat.
knox.jpg
It must be in my DNA!

zoot suit riot.jpg

The Shoe

One Too Many
My First post and my first hat with a brim larger than 1⅝". Just arrived yesterday. Purchased through etsy. It's a Dobbs with a 5" crown and a 2" brim.View attachment 428630
Welcome to the lounge. That’s quite a striking hat…but I was more surprised to see that little fraction on my screen! I had to go away and find how to do it. I was successful and can now write about my 7⅜ head rather than my 7 3/8 head. Truth be told, though, I usually write about my 59cm head.

Chaz

New in Town
Welcome to the lounge. That’s quite a striking hat…but I was more surprised to see that little fraction on my screen! I had to go away and find how to do it. I was successful and can now write about my 7⅜ head rather than my 7 3/8 head. Truth be told, though, I usually write about my 59cm head.
Thanks, glad you like it. Wish I could pinpoint a rough idea of how old it is, but after reading everything I can find my best guess is anywhere between the late 60's to now.
Glad I inspired you to figure out how to type fractions!

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, glad you like it. Wish I could pinpoint a rough idea of how old it is, but after reading everything I can find my best guess is anywhere between the late 60's to now.
Glad I inspired you to figure out how to type fractions!
I second Gary's admiration of your Dobbs. Looks like it has been well kept.

Post more photos of inside the hat and any labels under the sweat. Dobbs aficionados might be able to pinpoint a closer date for you.

Welcome to the FL btw :)

My First post and my first hat with a brim larger than 1⅝". Just arrived yesterday. Purchased through etsy. It's a Dobbs with a 5" crown and a 2" brim.View attachment 428630

Welcome, Chaz! That is a nice looking hat. I don’t often like feathers on fedoras but this pairing really works. The lack of a metric size to go along with the US hat size makes me wonder if it isn’t at least a few decades old, but the rest of the hat does look quite modern. Sorry I couldn’t be of any real help there.

You’re indeed fortunate to be a size 7: if you’re inclined you can find some great vintage fedoras at bargain prices.