Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Blare

I'll Lock Up
I missed my cue yesterday with the usual week in hats. I was in Deventer for the largest bookmarket in Europe (for the first time in three year after Covid). Forgot to take a pic there.
Anyway, here they are.

Dalton (this was sent to me by John @moehawk and I actually was reminded that I had it when looking at the Dalton thread last week:oops:)
View attachment 443435

Mossant for Sools
View attachment 443436

Courtney by Dalton
View attachment 443437

The English hatter
View attachment 443438

Dunlap
View attachment 443439

Adam Longpremier
View attachment 443440

Stetson Stratoliner
View attachment 443441
Some fine hats Stefan. Dalton #1 tremendous

Blare

I'll Lock Up
From a gentleman in fabulous hats, a compliment indeed. Much appreciated Joe.
C3AD8470-8C31-4EEA-B90D-6597E9580E26.gif

Blare

I'll Lock Up
80FDBB73-F62E-4476-84F7-5E2FFD56CB27.jpeg
521CC820-21F0-4181-A493-5D4E657E618A.jpeg

Penney’s Marathon - Stratoliner/OR Clone

Light Blue Grey Felt - 7 1/8
4 1/2 crown as shaped
3/8 thin ribbon
2 1/2 brim with 3/16 binding

I feel like I was just here with a grey 1960s Penney’s Marathon… but you just don’t turn these down when offered for $25. This one a TAR OR/Strat clone. The blue/grey felt feels on the lighter side and the 2 1/2 brim would lean more toward Strat-o-like. Of course… as seems to be the theme lately.. this one arrived in a box that was too small. No worries here as it shaped up nicely. A few moth nibbles for character on the right/front side of the brim. I imagine at some point this hat had a liner… but is certainly fine without. May try to buff our some of the minor yellow staining in the felt. A great candidate to add to the working/yard work stable… but certainly fine enough to wear out as well.

FE5D6A94-C1BA-4F8C-9E47-353ADE0A688D.jpeg
78F8E3F1-F5F3-44D8-A3DA-A4D83E6C76AF.jpeg
1ABCEED8-D2FE-48A8-A4BF-85D5977D7544.jpeg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Have you ever put something aside to do when you get around to it? Tina's got a round tuit. It's a wall plate inscribed: A round tuit.
In her cabin is one of my bespoke hats that all but lost the ribbon. There also a shirt, it's a lovely shirt but not that well made. Tina bought it for me from a stall at some festival. She promised to dismantle all the panels
on the shirt, replace the collar and cuffs and put it back together so that it fits.

So far both shirt and hat have been on the back burner, so many other projects need her attention. When I came home today, A beautifully brushed hat with fitted ribbon sat atop of the stand on which hung a refitted shirt. New cuffs, collar and refitted panels. It fits a treat.

"Put them on for me," the lady said, "I need to scrub up first," I replied, which I duly did.
two tone shirt 004.JPG

It's rather warm for a collar and tie at present but I might just find a good reason to forget that. I am delighted and I never even mentioned, the round tuit.

The Shoe

One Too Many
Have you ever put something aside to do when you get around to it? Tina's got a round tuit. It's a wall plate inscribed: A round tuit.
In her cabin is one of my bespoke hats that all but lost the ribbon. There also a shirt, it's a lovely shirt but not that well made. Tina bought it for me from a stall at some festival. She promised to dismantle all the panels
on the shirt, replace the collar and cuffs and put it back together so that it fits.

So far both shirt and hat have been on the back burner, so many other projects need her attention. When I came home today, A beautifully brushed hat with fitted ribbon sat atop of the stand on which hung a refitted shirt. New cuffs, collar and refitted panels. It fits a treat.

"Put them on for me," the lady said, "I need to scrub up first," I replied, which I duly did.
View attachment 443663
It's rather warm for a collar and tie at present but I might just find a good reason to forget that. I am delighted and I never even mentioned, the round tuit.
My uncle and aunty had a round tuit in their house when I was a kid.

dkstott

Practically Family
Stefan said:
"Genuine Panama (even had to wear sunglasses, which I almost never do, because the sun was so bright)"
Sunglasses maybe, but your neck tie remained in place. Standards won't be declining anytime soon. Thank goodness for that.

We went to a classic car show today, I had my new Lock & Co fedora all ready to wear, but the weather all but insisted that the straw was obligatory.
Tina, who I am sure you will agree, turned out well scrubbed up.
View attachment 440306
Seeing me in the maroon shirt and trousers that she had previously made, suggested the cream Gamble & Gunn, so the Gamble & Gunn it was: ( Married men on The Lounge will understand.)

View attachment 440307
I've become a fan of their newsboy caps.✌️.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albert Mannocchi