Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Thanks, Max.
My first fedora was (still is, actually) a 1950 Lee private label. I bought it new in 1972, and it's still in regular rotation.

Lee made a ton of private label hats, and a great line of their own brand with four price/quality points. They were designated as Black Label, Blue Label, Silver Label, and Gold Label.

I know it’s a stupid question, but did you list the price points in ascending order? I know so little about Lee except that I like how they look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Perhaps you could go the @drmaxtejeda route and have some custom hat storage built to fill up that 10' of wall space. Maybe vintage apothecary cabinet with glass front, interior lighting...sounds pretty entertaining to me. Wife gets the new kitchen, you get a new tank and hat display. You could even spin it that she gets part of the guest bedroom back to boot!
Too many hat boxes. The most I can hope for is a nice corner of the room! I do need a nice work table for the Jiffy Steamer though.

Richard Morgan

One Too Many

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Nice color and crease on that OR Michael. Very warm, wool look this morning.
Thanks Red. It was a nice warm day and a good day for some walking.

Just shoot me now... Going furniture shopping with the wife this morning. We need to fill up 10' of wall space with entertainment center and hutch like storage in the "fish room" next to my new 120 gallon aquarium. I thought a nice, comfortable fedora was in order. The Resistol 880 came to hand. Sure like this hat, Brent was a gem to gift it to me. I hope everyone has a great Saturday.

View attachment 150948 View attachment 150949 View attachment 150950
Love the shine on the ribbon of this 880. Great looking hat.

Michael

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I chose a hat for yesterday afternoons task for it's name - (Knox Westlite) Forestry. I was using a brush saw and a chainsaw to make small wood out of big wood. The hat was easily up to the task. Later I was sore and needing a warm shower. The hat needed a leather sweat treatment, a steam/brush and then a rest on a block. Both of us are ready for the next wood chores.

i-D9wcdW3-M.jpg

i-7LbTQ42-M.jpg

i-42njcVs-M.jpg

This morning I was out for a dog walk in a VS Wanderer (inspired by the vintage Stetson fedora of said name). The fedora is a lightweight beaver felt in a granite hue.

i-Pm2VGVz-M.jpg

i-NZRDW2g-M.jpg

i-crbLSdh-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

I chose a hat for yesterday afternoons task for it's name - (Knox Westlite) Forestry. I was using a brush saw and a chainsaw to make small wood out of big wood. The hat was easily up to the task. Later I was sore and needing a warm shower. The hat needed a leather sweat treatment, a steam/brush and then a rest on a block. Both of us are ready for the next wood chores.

i-D9wcdW3-M.jpg

i-7LbTQ42-M.jpg

i-42njcVs-M.jpg

This morning I was out for a dog walk in a VS Wanderer (inspired by the vintage Stetson fedora of said name). The fedora is a lightweight beaver felt in a granite hue.

i-Pm2VGVz-M.jpg

i-NZRDW2g-M.jpg

i-crbLSdh-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
Great hats Eric! Just don't get mixed up and give the hat a shower and steam yourself. You can rest on a hat block if that helps though...

What do the numbers mean in the Resistol, Michael? Can't find it anywhere.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
The 880 is an homage to the new passenger jet of the late 1950s, the Convair 880. The 880 was not as big of a success as the Boeing 707. Resistol did a whole series of the new jets, they had a 707 hat as well. Have to look for one of those.
Convair 880 in flight 550x.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Komander