Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is a jacket in your collection that you will never sell?

newtojackets

A-List Customer
Everyone knows that people here buy and sell jackets like crazy. With that being said, what is one jacket that you will never (willingly) part with and why?

If you have photos, now is the change to boast about your favourite, staple jacket

TLW '90

A-List Customer
I don't sell, but this 1990 dated Taylor's leatherwear Chicago PD surplus jacket is something I will never sell.
20221123_112231.jpg

It was my first leather jacket, it fits me very well, and it has some sentimental value.

TLW '90

A-List Customer
That is one of the most cowboy jackets I’ve ever seen! Did you add the accessories yourself?
One of them is just the neck knife I was wearing, but the other things yes I did add them.

all the things I added to this jacket are sentimental to my last pitbull who gave me 14 great years of the 16 long years she lived.
In those 14 years whe was my absolute best and sometimes only friend.
Her last license tag as the zipper pull, a deer stag whistle I made to call her is attached to the badge hanger, and 2 little dog bone charms that were hanging from her collar are attached to the name tag holder on the right side.

Last edited:

58panheadfan

One Too Many

Kenan

One of the Regulars
Whenever I started looking at leather jackets the RMC Buco j-24 was something that I dreamed of. I thought it was too expensive and that I would never spend that kind of money on a jacket. Instead I ended up buying other jackets. I went through 3 Schott jackets, 1 Simmons Bilt and 1 Aero jacket before I realised that none of those jackets would give me quite the same feeling as the j-24 would.

I ended up buying the RMC Buco J-24 (new fit) and I have never loved a piece of clothing as much as I do with this one. This one is a keeper and I will never sell it.

D1AFCB2C-D030-48B5-B98E-6A96B198F27B.jpeg

newtojackets

A-List Customer
Whenever I started looking at leather jackets the RMC Buco j-24 was something that I dreamed of. I thought it was too expensive and that I would never spend that kind of money on a jacket. Instead I ended up buying other jackets. I went through 3 Schott jackets, 1 Simmons Bilt and 1 Aero jacket before I realised that none of those jackets would give me quite the same feeling as the j-24 would.

I ended up buying the RMC Buco J-24 (new fit) and I have never loved a piece of clothing as much as I do with this one. This one is a keeper and I will never sell it.

View attachment 476521
The J24 is my single favourite style of any jacket

photo2u

One Too Many
Most of the jackets I will never sell have a special moment attached to them. For example, I lost the "bear" Aviator Schott type I got stolen in the mid 80's. Of course, I repurchased it again.
However, my favorite is the Mid 40's Crisco russet HH. This jacket has been in my collation for more than 30 years. I love what Cresco calls "dual action sleeves" I also like the elegant touch at the wrist. A close second is the s first production Cal leather HH CR. I even purchased another one from a fine gent but of course, it did not fit but my daughter loves it. The leather on these CR is in another world. I personally like the #10 conmars Cal leathers used on those fine jackets. 70 years later and still working perfectly. Lastly, my first Buco j24 I purchased in 1979. Loved that jacket. One of the best I have ever seen with the original collar mouton.

cresco 1.jpg
cresco 2.jpg
cresco 3.jpg

Last edited:
Most of the jackets I will never sell have a special moment attached to them. For example, I lost the "bear" Aviator Schott type I got stolen in the mid 80's. Of course, I repurchased it again.
However, my favorite is the Mid 40's Crisco russet HH. This jacket has been in my collation for more than 30 years. I love what Cresco calls "dual action sleeves" I also like the elegant touch at the wrist. A close second is the s first production Cal leather HH CR. I even purchased another one from a fine gent but of course, it did not fit but my daughter loves it. The leather on these CR is in another world. I personally like the #10 conmars Cal leathers used to use. 70 years later and still working perfectly. Lastly, my first Buco j24 I purchased in 1979. Loved that jacket. One of the best I have ever seen with the original collar mouton.

View attachment 476549

View attachment 476546 View attachment 476547 View attachment 476547
Oh man! I’d love to talk you out of that Cresco!

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Probably my Willis & Geiger bush jacket. It was among one of the earliest in my collection, and slipping it on every Spring is like hanging with a good friend.
giDigml.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForeverWandering