Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your all time fav Leather Jacket (1-2) you own or have owned

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
GridArt_20221229_062722172.jpg
GridArt_20221229_062501069.jpg
These 2 are my fav, since these 2 have the greatest visible evolution stages I can monitor, and also after wearing cross front, it is very hard to see center front jacket to look interesting when worn open

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Most of the jackets I will never sell have a special moment attached to them. For example, I lost the "bear" Aviator Schott type I got stolen in the mid 80's. Of course, I repurchased it again.
However, my favorite is the Mid 40's Crisco russet HH. This jacket has been in my collation for more than 30 years. I love what Cresco calls "dual action sleeves" I also like the elegant touch at the wrist. A close second is the s first production Cal leather HH CR. I even purchased another one from a fine gent but of course, it did not fit but my daughter loves it. The leather on these CR is in another world. I personally like the #10 conmars Cal leathers used on those fine jackets. 70 years later and still working perfectly. Lastly, my first Buco j24 I purchased in 1979. Loved that jacket. One of the best I have ever seen with the original collar mouton.

cresco 1.jpg
cresco 2.jpg
cresco 3.jpg

Last edited:
Most of the jackets I will never sell have a special moment attached to them. For example, I lost the "bear" Aviator Schott type I got stolen in the mid 80's. Of course, I repurchased it again.
However, my favorite is the Mid 40's Crisco russet HH. This jacket has been in my collation for more than 30 years. I love what Cresco calls "dual action sleeves" I also like the elegant touch at the wrist. A close second is the s first production Cal leather HH CR. I even purchased another one from a fine gent but of course, it did not fit but my daughter loves it. The leather on these CR is in another world. I personally like the #10 conmars Cal leathers used to use. 70 years later and still working perfectly. Lastly, my first Buco j24 I purchased in 1979. Loved that jacket. One of the best I have ever seen with the original collar mouton.

View attachment 476549

View attachment 476546 View attachment 476547 View attachment 476547
Oh man! I’d love to talk you out of that Cresco!

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I honestly still have a problem coming up with my favourite ten jackets so my favourite two....

There are some jackets I prefer to others, there are some that fit better than others, there are some that are better made then others... True. But overall I like most of my jackets, maybe the fact that most of them are custom in some way, have a story, makes it impossible for me to pick just two.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I used to buy and sell on regularly but haven’t moved any ‘keepers’ in the last few years. Probably got the wardrobe right at long last & quite an expensive journey it’s been too…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ