Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is the best way to hang a hat?

Firefyter-Emt

Familiar Face
I have been digging thru the site, and it seems like those who have the best set ups to store & hand their hat, never seem to show WHAT they are hanging them on. When I re-did my office last week, I added a pair of large brass coat/hat hooks, but my hats seem to not sit flat, but tilted out. The problem is that it sits on the brim and I fear this is not good for the hat and will mess with the brim. What method is best suited to hang a hat on a wall. I have a small area that works perfect beside the door way that leaves my office (I can fit two, maybe three hats here.)

Photos would be wonderful!

This is the space I have then in, it is hard to seem but they really do lean out from the wall.

320094.jpg

Pduck

One of the Regulars
I've always worried that hanging your hat on a hook would deform it in some way, much the same as hanging a jacket on a hook. Wouldn't gravity take its toll after a while?

A similar question - what's the best way to set a hat down? Set it upside down on its crown? Set it on its brim, with the brim flipped up? Set it on its brim with the front brim hanging over the edge of the table?

rumblefish

One Too Many
At the office and at home, for the ones at "arms length"; either a nail, hook, blueprint rack end, coat stand, etc.- covered with a slit tennis ball. All others on a hat stand in a cedar closet, waiting to be put in rotation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto