1. Lounge Update headed your way. Check the thread in the Observation Bar. If you don't like the light style, click the light bulb at the top-right of your screen.

What is the oldest shirt you own?

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by FedoraFan112390, May 16, 2018.

1. FedoraFan112390

FedoraFan112390 Practically Family

What is the oldest shirt you own?

2. MondoFW

MondoFW Practically Family

I recently found a deadstock 50's rayon sport shirt for $10. I have a couple other shirts from around the same period, but I think this would be my oldest.

3. tropicalbob

tropicalbob My Mail is Forwarded Here

I have the shirt my dad bought the day he was discharged from the Marines in 1946. It's a really nice sport shirt, tan and gold checked with a camp collar and loop. It's a tiny bit small on me, but one of these days I'm going to have it copied.

MondoFW and AbbaDatDeHat like this.
  4. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat One Too Many

1277B654-406F-4DBD-A4BA-14D942CC7115.jpeg 2CA26C81-07EE-405C-A2D2-1E1FA87E2FF6.jpeg Greetings All:
    My oldest shirts are the ones i wore in the Marines. They are only 45 yrs old and i still wear em. Here’s a couple.
    Be well. Bowen

1mach1 likes this.
  5. MondoFW

MondoFW Practically Family

Please post pics. I recently got a 1950s sport shirt with a loop collar, but unfortunately it isn't as wide as some of the 40s ones. I'll have to post pics of mine here.