Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is this jacket?

SPLINTER

New in Town
Hi everyone
Been browsing ebay and came across this item https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vietnam-...755486?hash=item364a2de41e:g:zgsAAOSwiahckTt4

Its got me thinking thats its possibly an M422a but by who ni don't know but whats more intriguing is the fact that the name patch belongs to a lieutenant of the us navy but the patch on the left chest is that of the 603rd bomb group 8th airforce.

Any thoughts on whats going on here ----

regards
Richie

robrinay

One Too Many
A few of my thoughts - Rubbish quality pics - out of focus as if the seller is hiding detail - no pics of zipper pull which would aid identification, or inside label or back of collar which might have a stencilled mark or of the wind flap which might have perforated letters. The collar looks like real Mouton but seems to be in poor condition and the knits are in bad shape. The pic of the arm shows what looks like thicker hide than usual for an issued jacket. The lining appears to be ripping away in the neck and shoulder area and there’s no mention of size or measurements. I’d ask the seller for the above details if you’re interested. Personally I’d pass on it - too risky.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am inclined to agree with robinray that this is one to pass on. Seeing the Air Force patch on a Navy jacket plus the blood chit on the back makes me wonder if someone didn’t just grab a couple patches and sew them on à la Top Gun. I agree that the red lining is intriguing because it indicates a jacket that could possibly pre-date the G-1, but I would be very leery of this particular jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto