What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Colin G

Colin G One Too Many

Looks good. Is this a new one for you? Is yours wool lined like mine? I saw one of those in the same colour while in Japan and it was really nice.

I really like my RC single rider and by posting yours, you have inspired me to wear mine today.

Mawashi, El Marro and Robbie79 like this.
  2. zebedee

zebedee One Too Many

I think that just about any mismatching (unless it's a huge mistake in colouration) will wear in and become more uniform over time: mismatching would be less visible in battered seal, I'd think, but even when Aero states that there's actual mismatching on a jacket, it wouldn't bother me or I wouldn't be able to tell.

Edward likes this.
  3. KissMyMuscle

KissMyMuscle One of the Regulars

Here's my mismatched battered seal BarnStormer. The main mismatched area is the right shoulder.

IMG_8159.jpg IMG_8160.jpg

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    King B, Jarman, navetsea and 7 others like this.
  4. KissMyMuscle

Hi Robbie I can't see the photos.

58panheadfan likes this.
  5. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

I purchased mine end of 2018 from a fellow lounge member from Belgium. Yes, it's wool lined like yours which is getting almost too warm now. RC makes really good quality jackets and the Shinki used is, I guess, from the same source Freewheelers gets the Shinki from. Glad to hear that I inspired you to wear yours which fits and suits you perfectly - if you don't mind you can post a picture. Btw. there are sometimes really reasonable offers (approx. 1000€ or sometimes less) on Buyee.com for new RC jackets....I was often tempted but always resisted.

ai00344 and Mawashi like this.
  6. zebedee

zebedee One Too Many

I don't think that's mismatched, and would wear in. It's battered and creasing is normal. I had areas like that on both battered seal and battered tan jackets.

Mawashi and KissMyMuscle like this.
  7. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

Wow, really really good looking jacket but I can't see the mismatched parts (all looks pretty much the same IMO)...I know I'm getting older....;)

8. KissMyMuscle

Thanks. I am more confident about his leather then if the normal batch will look better than this mismatched one.

9. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

Can you see the picture now?
    upload_2020-4-8_15-6-47.png

Edward, King B, ProteinNerd and 13 others like this.
  10. KissMyMuscle

Ken told me it's a mismatched jacket. I will pose more photos when I have it on hand in this fall.

11. KissMyMuscle

Have you received this jacket? This looks absolutely beautiful.

12. zebedee

zebedee One Too Many

The whole jacket will look uniform within a month. It'll all get creased up very quickly.

KissMyMuscle likes this.
  13. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

Russet HH LW Sub..

4EF95E22-0F83-4C33-B46B-5D909AF94B39.jpeg 1BB728F3-7B23-4C43-9877-6F5A9A97B9DA.jpeg 7116738C-1AFF-4102-9097-C791E1D87008.jpeg

King B, 58panheadfan, Jarman and 27 others like this.
  14. Hh121

Hh121 Call Me a Cab

15. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie Call Me a Cab

Robbie79 and Mawashi like this.
  16. Monitor

Monitor

Inspired by @zebedee , Aero CR today.

[​IMG]

King B, Jarman, ProteinNerd and 22 others like this.
  17. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

No, I don't. I'm still undecided as I'm not sure whether or not it would really suit me. However, independently from my decision I think the coat is really beautiful and unique (@red devil -> could be also something for you...) and the mismatched seal battered HH is matching this jacket/coat style IMO. Price is rather high for an Aero jacket - here's Ken's statement: "We’ve not got to the pricing stage yet but it’ll be hovering around the £1000 mark, a lot of work, lot of leather, very special lining etc"

KissMyMuscle and red devil like this.
  18. 2wheelgrplr

2wheelgrplr A-List Customer

3 week home quarantine done, moving around outside a bit now, cautiously and with social-distancing.

Lost Worlds Buco Rider.
    7254F803-FBE8-4F27-A640-3F63E97DFBDB.jpg 1F983AAD-ECA3-4AE1-AAB2-A24926C495FF.jpeg

Edward, King B, Jarman and 27 others like this.
  19. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

Im much more of a brown jacket guy than a black jacket guy so this one suits me. Its still relatively new and has slowly started to crease up.. It will continue to evolve and be in a different phase this time next year.

right sleeve no flash
    01F723C8-A307-4462-9DE8-DB31B5595CEF.jpeg

right sleeve with flash..
    63D2338B-8FBE-4E36-95B2-42247890A5E4.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    King B, Benny Holiday, JMax and 4 others like this.
  20. J Leather Investigater

J Leather Investigater One Too Many

Hh, l.w. russet on my ryder seemed very smooth at first but it did break to reveal plenty of grain and character. The smell on mine is amazing it is a very pleasant aroma.

Hh121 likes this.