What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. SpencerD.

SpencerD. Familiar Face

Speaking of cross zip...I just got word from Aero that my order for a J-106 is going into actual production. I was worried that they would not be able to make it, as I am bigger than the largest base size they offer. The folks at Aero are great, they are doing a custom size up pattern for me. I am super excited and I cant wait. However, this means that I have to get rid of a jacket (to keep a happy home life, I agreed that if a jacket comes in, one must go)...so therefore I will need to sell one of my cross zips. I narrowed it down to one of my three Schott Perfectos, which one do you think I should purge? All three fit about the same (the 118 is a size 52, the 618’s are both 54’s). The 118 is about 7 years old, and is especially thick and nice and has not been worn only a few times. The 618 in horsehide is beautiful, and about 5 yers old, and a bit more worn but needs to be completely broken in as well. When i first bought it I was a bit disappointed as it was thinner and more lightweight that I was expecting, but it is still very cool and is developing nicely. The last jacket is my new 618 in brown steerhide. I got this during the beginning of the pandemic when Schott had their 25% off sale. It is again thinner and lighter than i expected, the brown is not the deep near black brown i had hoped, and I don’t really care for the finish and appearance of the steer (at least in unbroken in looks). On the upside it is nice and creaky (as is the horsehide), something I am very fond of. My thought is to purge the steerhide, but what do you guys think? I have to get rid of one, as i am at seven jackets and I also just ordered a new Dainese Adria race suit...so I don’t want to end up in the doghouse!

Attached Files:

Imuricecreamman, Jin431, jeo and 7 others like this.
  2. SpencerD.

SpencerD. Familiar Face

Do you have a leather cross zip?

3. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

Got me a US Border Patrol goatskin bomber for US $80 in near mint condition. What I like about it (along with the price) is it's an actual issued working jacket not just a wardrobe queen repop. It has a G1 style back. A 42 fits me well - 26 inch back; 26 inch sleeves; 19 inch shoulders; 23 inch pit to pit. The goat is very nice.

Boader patrol.jpg

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    Benny Holiday, Jin431, jeo and 14 others like this.
  4. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 I'll Lock Up

Wool Weather-Very Solid 1930s jacket in Heavy Wool size 46/48

DSC08461.JPG DSC08462.JPG DSC08466.JPG DSC08467.JPG

5. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

nope, I have cross toggle lock and cross snaps, but not zip

6. Superfluous

Superfluous My Mail is Forwarded Here

Two weeks ago, I moved from desert adjacent to the beach. Loving the new climate, which is far more conducive to outerwear. Have worn more jackets during the past two weeks than I previously wore over two months.

Himel Frobisher this evening.

Himel Frobisher 065.jpg

JoeNiblick, marker2037, JMax and 34 others like this.
  7. ai00344

ai00344 One of the Regulars

Great shot!

8. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Congratulations on the move and lifestyle change!

9. Superfluous

Superfluous My Mail is Forwarded Here

Thanks -- taken from my roof top sundeck.

Thanks -- loving the new lifestyle. My doctor repeatedly urged me to walk 30+ mins a day, but I balked. Now, I walk the dogs along the water every day for 30-60 mins.

Benny Holiday, Boyo, Angel and 7 others like this.
  10. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead One Too Many

Branded Garments CHP style. Shout @Monitor for giving me advice on the history of this brand. I'm super glad I picked this up on Ebay. I think the best $205 I've ever spent. Super and I mean super thick leather. Probably 20 years old and was used a lot (I can tell by the grime and nicotine that came out of it after a wash) and barely a scratch on it. Gave it a coat of coconut oil, maybe one more tomorrow in the sun. Sleeves a tad long but they still a little wet. Hoping they cinch up a tiny bit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JoeNiblick, marker2037, JMax and 22 others like this.
  11. Thedi....

20191018_190734.jpg

12. Downunder G Man

Downunder G Man One Too Many

Simmons Bilt Nebraska for today's Sunday Harley ride. Yesterday was way too wet. We have just had the wettest November for 30 years already and still half the month to go ! Weather forecast still says 50% chance of rain this evening.
    Carpe Diem ( seize the day !) Had a pint of "Captain Sensible" pale Ale before my Kebab. That's me thru' and thru' haha...

Simmons Bilt Nebraska 15 November Mullaloo.jpg

Balter Captain Sensible ale.jpg

Jin431, jeo, Boyo and 14 others like this.
  13. DrMacabre

DrMacabre One of the Regulars

Hello, i wish i knew what this jacket was but it came without any tag. It also miss the belt

386F8864-F9D6-4D67-A1CA-1F913815BD82.jpeg

14. MrProper

MrProper One Too Many

^^
    Really cool photo

DrMacabre likes this.
  15. Monitor

Monitor

Old Golden Bear, possibly?

JMax and Carlos840 like this.
  16. DrMacabre

I have absolutely no idea, i got it from ebay in the UK but I’m going to checkout Golden Bear to see if i can find somethin similar. Thanks

Whitters likes this.
  17. Carlos840

Carlos840 I'll Lock Up

DrMacabre likes this.
  18. DrMacabre

19. dannyk

dannyk One Too Many

I wonder if that’s named after the Captain Sensible from The Damned?

Downunder G Man likes this.
  20. Carlos840

Carlos840 I'll Lock Up

DrMacabre likes this.